• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1980 Tucker 1743 at Ritchie Bros auction in Wasilla, AK

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
https://www.rbauction.com/1980-TUCKER-SnoCat?invId=8646928&id=ci&auction=WASILLA-AK-2015307 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443475133.526375.jpg

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting...

I'm not certain, but I believe this was a former Alyeska Tucker. That's based on the configuration and general condition. A few years ago Alyeska auctioned off a number of similar vintage Tuckers; 1743's and 1744's. Reportedly they were in really nice condition and they all sold in the $10K- $15K range.

akimp

Wow that seems like a high price for a screaming detroit. First Strike auction in fairbanks ak sold all those Tuckers last year for 10K less. I would love a tucker but the detroit would be obnoxious.

firedzr

We have one of the Alyeska 1744's and love it. It came to us clean and minimal hours. The folks at Tucker in Medford said it must have been in a "time capsule". They also said that Sno Cats of that vintage were, perhaps, the best of design and usefulness.
As for the Detroit 453T, I'll take one any day of the week!

As a "by the way", I cannot say enough good things about the shipping experience with Alaska Marine Lines of Seattle. From pick up in AK to the dock in Seattle, they were courteous, professional and caring.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
We have one of the Alyeska 1744's and love it. It came to us clean and minimal hours. The folks at Tucker in Medford said it must have been in a "time capsule". They also said that Sno Cats of that vintage were, perhaps, the best of design and usefulness.
As for the Detroit 453T, I'll take one any day of the week!

As a "by the way", I cannot say enough good things about the shipping experience with Alaska Marine Lines of Seattle. From pick up in AK to the dock in Seattle, they were courteous, professional and caring.
I have a few detroits mine are all 6-v's I also worked at a Detroit shop when younger. just because they once fed me doesn't mean I worship them. I do love the simplicity of their operating principal's. I even like their fuel system. through the years gm tried to clean slobber, and quiet them down. their larger engines had some great power to weight ratio's. I think some of the coolest small engines were the aluminum block 353's used in the army's gama goat. in most cases for smaller engines my vote goes to cummins john deere and cat and for the even smaller engines cant touch an Isuzu for being quiet and reliable. I actually have plans of one day replacing my 363 ford with an Isuzu 4 bd engine the 4 cylinder Isuzu I believe is a better choice than a 4 b cummins there just seems to be a lot of 4 b cummins out there kind of like snot tracs.