• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bill Bennett : "Vote Against" Obama "This Time to Prove You're Not an Idiot"

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill Bennett : "Vote Against" Obama "This Time to Prove You're Not an Idiot"

Truer words were never spoke. :clap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QepkHJTUf_Y"]Bill Bennett : "Vote Against" Obama "This Time to Prove You're Not an Idiot" - YouTube[/ame]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Bill Bennett : "Vote Against" Obama "This Time to Prove You're Not an Idiot"

Lord, that's gonna get him in some hot water.
Maybe..

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Bill Bennett : "Vote Against" Obama "This Time to Prove You're Not an Idiot"

By the way, wasn't Bennett a draft dodger?
Not that it has anything to do with anything..

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

Lord, that's gonna get him in some hot water.
Maybe..

By the way, wasn't Bennett a draft dodger?
Not that it has anything to do with anything..
PG It wont be the first time he has been in "hot water", but I think he handled this previous statement he had made before very good and it is also true IMHO . :wink:

I cant say about the draft dodging. :unsure:

From Wiki. Radio show abortion comment
On September 28, 2005, in a discussion on Bennett's Morning in America radio show, a caller to the show proposed the idea that the Social Security system might be solvent today if abortion hadn't been permitted following the Roe v. Wade decision. Bennett responded that aborting all African-American babies "would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but the crime rate would go down."[11] Subsequently, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, as well as civil rights groups, condemned Bennett's statements and demanded an apology. President George W. Bush said Bennett's statements were "not appropriate."[12]
Bennett responded to the criticism saying, in part:
A thought experiment about public policy, on national radio, should not have received the condemnations it has. Anyone paying attention to this debate should be offended by those who have selectively quoted me, distorted my meaning, and taken out of context the dialog I engaged in this week. Such distortions from 'leaders' of organizations and parties is a disgrace not only to the organizations and institutions they serve, but to the First Amendment.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I used to listen to Bill Bennet's Morning in America when I drove Melen to school. He was on the Sirius Patriot channel, not sure what happened to his show but it was moved/cancelled when they re-shuffled their programming.

Anyway he always struck me as a big-government/pro-establishment type who would tell it like he saw it. I was never really fond of the way he saw it. Was way to cozy with pushing big government ideas with a Republican twist added. It was still big government. He seemed to support gun control, railed against teacher's unions but seemed to support Federal control of education, he was very anti-abortion.

He was known for tossing out a zinger or two.