• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi Carburetor Rebuild

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Gents, any idea on the make or brand of this Carburetor? I’ve ordered a Weber 34 rebuild kit as this one looks close.

yFgb5gklee.jpeg

Thank you

Bob

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
I received a reply back from Mike at Mike’s Carburetors.....believes it’s an Autolite 1100. I ordered a couple different rebuild kits....see what works (likely the diaphram is worn out by the fuel leaking from the carb/lack of power).....I’ll report back once I get it apart.

Bob

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had trouble with the governor on mine. I think I fineally disconnected it and then went to electronics on the ignition and it gave me no trouble. I kept the intake inside.

what is your carburetor number?

jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
if you do a search with your carb number sometimes it comes up with the part. I found out bobcat used the same motor by doing this and bought a part from them.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Merry Christmas!

After searching using the Ford part # on the carburetor.....nothing found. The part that was of issue is the diaphram. So......found that an Autolite 1250 carb rebuild kit had the exact size.

M_3iwdL=6d.jpeg

ciZgTqjy6c.jpeg

Oreily’s had the kit in a day using the part number.....worked like a charm. I’ll test the machine under load and follow up shortly (started and ran fine so far).

The dimensions of the diaphram are : 0.275” diameter plunger, 0.525” plunger length , rubber diaphram holes are all 1” apart.

Bob

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
After replacing the diaphram, same problem: losing power after warming up and driving....then won’t start. There are a series of vacuum hoses going to the advance/hoof governor/ then what looks like crankcase (larger hose to side of engine).

Thoughts?

Thank you

Bob

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Boggie

I haven’t. I was hoping the obvious (leaking diaphram) was the issue. With only 200 hrs on the machine, didn’t think about compression or timing. I’ll pull the spark plug in #1, get to TDC and then check the timing mark. If it’s like the SW48, should be a quick check.

Have you seen compression issues on these engines? By chance do you know the Carb’s on these (heck of a time identifying) ?

Thank you

Bob

PJL

How about crud in the fuel tank plugging the pickup, pump, filter etc? Pretty common for low hour machines that have spent a lot of time sitting. After it quits pull the line off the carb, put it into a can or jar, crank the engine and see how much fuel comes out.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Boggie

I haven’t. I was hoping the obvious (leaking diaphram) was the issue. With only 200 hrs on the machine, didn’t think about compression or timing. I’ll pull the spark plug in #1, get to TDC and then check the timing mark. If it’s like the SW48, should be a quick check.

Have you seen compression issues on these engines? By chance do you know the Carb’s on these (heck of a time identifying) ?

Thank you

Bob

I have seen compression issues and timing issues also timing advance issues in the distributor ( stuck weights and bad vacuum diaphragm)

Checking the fuel volume is also a good idea like PJL recommended. The diaphragm can get dried out.

brianf

Delete governer, do compression check I’ve had quite a few of the 1.6l motors, with low hours that had head issues, valves not seating, compression test will answer a lot of questions, also check replace all vacuum hoses,

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks gents.....it was dirty fuel. I removed the new fuel filter I installed....and found this...

ZxYECtgas5.jpeg

My intention is to get it running for this winter (if we ever get snow).....drive the kids around in it.....then start a full refurbishment. I’m ready now.....thank you for the help!

Bob

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
How about crud in the fuel tank plugging the pickup, pump, filter etc? Pretty common for low hour machines that have spent a lot of time sitting. After it quits pull the line off the carb, put it into a can or jar, crank the engine and see how much fuel comes out.

Nailed it......I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t check.

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, as a side note , I took my son and a bunch of his friends to our local ski hill (Wilmot on the WI/IL border).....and found these beauts scattered about (and an Orange “thing” in the background).

_kXQ_Jq9PA.jpeg