• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp with Flames?

nutsster

Here's a photo of my friend's IMP 1404 with flames on the cab. He had it custom painted last year. The flames are also on the inside engine cover. :cool2:

IMG_1299 800X600.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Its nice to see the pride of ownership that some of the owners have put into their cats . I also looked at some different graphics to add to my exterior of the KT7 that I have named "Yetti" . I've come up with the design I want and hopfully the local sign shop can produce it .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Its nice to see the pride of ownership that some of the owners have put into their cats
:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:
You complimented an IMP???

I'll fax more Rum since you're (apparently) running short.

Big Boom

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:
You complimented an IMP???

I'll fax more Rum since you're (apparently) running short.

Big Boom
Boomer ,
Its one of my New Years resolutions I made to be nice to the less fortunate snow catter's that do not own a Kristi . I figure I may be able to keep being nice to maybe Tuesday .

HEY !!! That's today !!!
Kristi's are #1 ,everything else is just going #2 :yum: :yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jen's Jeep said:
maybe Eric will put flames on the Tucker?
Sure, Eric can put flames on the Tucker. He knows how to use a OA torch doesn't he :yum:

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Sure, Eric can put flames on the Tucker. He knows how to use a OA torch doesn't he :yum:

:yum: *spitting coffee on the keyboard*

I guess I shouldn't laugh...sorry honey

flathorn

I am taking the flames off the black Kristi KT3 I bought. They might melt the snow. Can't have that!! Byron

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
flathorn said:
I am taking the flames off the black Kristi KT3 I bought. They might melt the snow. Can't have that!! Byron
Byron, how about an update on that unit. That is the one that was on eBay a little while back with the "dragster" exhaust set up.

What are your plans for it? How does it run? Any updated photos :confused2:

flathorn

Unfortunately it isn't home yet. My buddy that picked it up for me took it back to Kansas to his place . The day he was headed out here with it we actually had snow here and most of his route would be on snow, so he decided to wait for better weather. It will be restored and eventually go to my place in Alaska, for transportation for my cabin . My cabin is 13 miles from the nearest road. On the Iditarod Trail , on Flathorn Lake. My friend said it started right up and loaded on the trailer just fine. Byron

nutsster

I found this shot of the Imp, but it doesn't show the flames from this angle. I'll try to get a few more close-ups of it. :thumb:

P1010141_009_009 800X600.jpg

nutsster

Yes, it was a standard 24" track increased to 33". I added 6" to the outside and 3" to the inside. ( The axles were also widened 3" too ) This track was originally on my 1402 before I made the new track and suspension.
It puts the ground PSI at less than .4 psi. It has incredible floatation in our powder. I'll try to get some pics of it this week, since we got about 2 feet of new snow. :letitsnow:

nutsster

I think that it is about 7'-6" wide overall now. Dale was sick this weekend,so I couldn't get a picture of it in our fresh deep snow. We have about four to five feet right now. The DMC 1200 is unbelievable in the deep stuff. The Imp with the new tracks performed great too. :letitsnow:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Can the Imps add another 6" to each side with out widening the axles? I realize the inside 3" is a no go without the extensions. But .5 to.4 psi is all I would need. Just curious. Thanks.