• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1980 Thiokol Super Imp - better grousers

b2natureliving

The grousers on my newly bought Thiokol Super Imp has what looks like channels or U-shaped steel grousers...and they basically suck on the road on our property when it gets a little bit steep.

Anyone have a guide/plan on what should be thought of if I wanted to make different grousers myself? Or, if someone could refer me to someone that make cheap grousers I would really appreciate it.

Called a couple of places, and they wanted to charge for grousers almost what I paid for the machine... Totally out of my range...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the j grouser is what you want do the math at 25 bucks each and they get expensive by all means track work is labor intense and expensive so do it right the first time

b2natureliving

the j grouser is what you want do the math at 25 bucks each and they get expensive by all means track work is labor intense and expensive so do it right the first time
Thanks for your feedback. I have searched for J grousers on the Internet, but have not found much. But, I will keep on searching. Thank you for your reply.

~ TJ

Some pictures of what you have would help a little in giving advice on what you need. Also what are the conditions that they suck in? Deep snow, icy base, rocky surface, side hill, elevation, etc.

The J style grouser is a U shape with one leg being higher than the other which gives it a paddle to go through deep snow. Most Thiokols came with that style after the mid 70s. You maybe able to weld on paddles to what you have if they are indeed the low profile U shaped grousers or perhaps find a complete set of tracks that better fit you needs which would be the cheapest route to go.