• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1968 542 tucker

1jbuck

Here is some more pic of my cat.And my summer time toy.The tucker has a small block chevy with a 2 speed powerglide

Attachments

• James.JPG
    James.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 2005_0129snowcat0007.JPG
    2005_0129snowcat0007.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 488

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What have you had to do to the Tucker in terms of repairs or restoration so far? It looks to be in great shape based on the photos, were you lucky enough to get it in that condition?

aksnocat

From looking at the photos you posted, it looks to me as though you have a homebuilt (or at least not built by Tucker) set of tracks and track carriers. I say this based on the fact that it appears that you have pneumatic tires as idler wheels. As far as I know Tucker has never made track carriers with tires - they've always been solid rubber wheels.

The 300, 400,500, 700, and 900 series all came with steel ladder type tracks. Once Tucker went to rubber tracks the model numbers were/are 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, etc. Tucker sold the steel tracks on the later model machines until I believe about 1980 if the customer requested them.

That said, it looks like a nice unit!

Jeff

1jbuck

Bill Guthrie told me the conversion was made by a co called sierra conversions that is no longer in business.However he has the sprocket mold.It has 32 tires to be exact and 36" tracks x 7 FT long

heavydsparks

I know this thread is super old but 1jbuck do you happen to know who has the mold for these sprockets? I have the exact same setup and am in need of sprockets.