• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4 for sale, Alaska Craigs list

AKdadio

Attachments

• wzg5sQ1IH1ha7XjTMWU84tKhqGWQ.jpg
    wzg5sQ1IH1ha7XjTMWU84tKhqGWQ.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 291
  • bPBrdVcsfJoVIm2Hxqcl6t530mE6.jpg
    bPBrdVcsfJoVIm2Hxqcl6t530mE6.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 302

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
From the picture it looks pretty nice .

I wonder if Lyndon could give us information on it, based on the Serial number given ? The SnowTrac factory must have made changes as they built units through the years ?????

By that I mean if those early year Snowtracs were good or bad and what a buyer should look for .

Thanks for sharing that picture .
Al

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That just means that it is one of our members who is selling the machine.
We have a lot of members who are in Alaska. I think this might be Dan Brokaws machine?

AKdadio

Bob, I am tempted to call this guy just to keep track of who buys it. I may have to get one of these down the trail . . . "The Wife" wants one some day. Apparently the camo Imp is too manly.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I sent the owner a email and just recieved this this morning . It sounds like a very "well taken care of unit" . I have a cousin who lives fairly close and now am thinking maybe I need this .I could store it at her house until I get up there ,to pick it up . Someone should jump on this .

Hey Mtntopper ???!!! Can you send me some of that money we found that belonged to old D B Cooper . You know the money you buried at the base of the old stump by your garage . Don't worry , I have not told anybody where we hid it :thumb: !!! $10,000 sure do it !!!:oops:
Thanks Al

Al,
The engine is a VW 1600 industrial engine.It was rebuilt by the person I bought it from and has about 250 hrs. Previous owner did not have any proof of this but I can tell you the motor is very strong and runs great. One track is brand new with less than 20 hours on it - we built this track from scratch. The other track is in average condition. We have the belting cut for the other track and have a pattern, jig and punch for making it - only thing missing is new bolts and labor - it was actually pretty easy to make the track. We installed two brand new factory fuel tanks with sender and filter system. We have also converted from a generator to a brand new 75 amp bosch alternator. We also have two spare starters - one is a brand new bosch starter still in the box. Also have a hand crank for manual starting which also works great. All the gauges in it are brand new and it has a spare battery. The wheels are foam filled so flats are not an issue. The body is in pretty good shape but at some point a professional paint job would be good. The exhaust pipe is also new. I have no history on the transmission but have not had any problems. The drive sprockets are in good shape and have lots of life left in them. Also installed two new fold down seats and storage box system and it has new vinyl on the rear passenger bench seats.
Feel free to call if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Dan
xxx-xxx-xxxx

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Hey Mtntopper ???!!! Can you send me some of that money we found that belonged to old D B Cooper . You know the money you buried at the base of the old stump by your garage . Don't worry , I have not told anybody where we hid it :thumb: !!! $10,000 sure do it !!!:oops:
Thanks Al

Allen, how many times each year must I tell you the ground is frozen solid in the winter and no more money is available until after spring thaw!!!!!!! :moon:

AKdadio

Big Al, this is only 30 minutes from my house, want me to go take a looksie? I will let you store it at my place and I promise to keep it under 60 while you are away. Seriously, let me know if you want me to look at it.