• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4/ST4B Wanted

mtmogs

Greetings all,

I've been lurking about in here about a month or 2 now and have really enjoyed the discussions and information shared in this forum. As an owner of both hydrostatic-steer and brake-steer vehicles, I found Aktiv's variator drive system to be pure genius...and now I'd like to have one! Any leads on one of these machines for sale would be appreciated. Feel free to contact me off list at mtmogs at gmail.com.

It would be used to transport family/guests & supplies to our remote cabin in NW Montana. Right now we use a Yamaha VK and a sledge but after sinking the VK multiple times last week in deep powder with 3 people aboard, I definately see the utility of a proper snowcat.

Many Thanks - Paul Genovese
West Glacier, Montana

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Paul,

There are a few of them listed for sale right here. Search thorugh the snowcat area of the ForumsForums and you may find that one or two of them are still for sale!?! In fact, I'd appreciate it if you find that any of the threads below are for Snow Tracs that have already sold you could post a message in the thread saying they are sold.

Check these threads, there may be more but these could get you started:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=6933

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=6813

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=6676

mtmogs

Thanks Bob,

As far as I know, Joe Smolar's St4 is still for sale (was in contact with him last week). The 2nd link you provide was an ST4 for sale in Leavenworth, WA, but dissappeared from craigslist a few weeks ago. Also the Snow Trac in the 3rd link also dissappeared a few weeks back. I'm a little slow on the draw. I should have had the digging out the stuck snowmobile a month ago!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I sent you a PM (Private Message) look in the upper right hand corner of the screen to access your messages.

Do you have any idea what the selling prices were on the Snow Tracs that sold?

The first one is listed at $12,000. The second at $12,750. Both seem like pretty reasonable prices and good condition, but its often hard to tell from photos. I know there was a ST4B for sale in Colorado for about $15,000 that needed paint and some repairs but seemed reasonably sound, not sure what it actually sold for, but I know it sold because one of our members bought it.

tortoise7

Folks, my 1975 ex-military st4 is now to be found in Plain, Washington (13 miles north of Leavenworth).
The 24 volt distributor has been replaced with a new 12 volt unit.
This st4 is still for sale and will be reposted on
craigslist for Idaho sometime in the next week.

Please let me know if anyone wants more info.

regards;
kris

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
tortoise7 said:
Folks, my 1975 ex-military st4 is now to be found in Plain, Washington (13 miles north of Leavenworth).
The 24 volt distributor has been replaced with a new 12 volt unit.
This st4 is still for sale and will be reposted on
craigslist for Idaho sometime in the next week.

regards;
kris

Tortoise, please repost the complete info and pics here as we have many new members that may be interested or may know someone that is interested in buying a Snotrac.
:weneedpic

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
tortoise7 said:

regards;
kris
Kris, I have people who send me PMs and emails on a regular basis who are looking for Snow Trac/Snow Masters. I think you should post it on Craig's List, but you should also re-post it for sale here too. Lots of photos, lots of information on the condition, included equipment, upgrades, etc.