• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Greetings from a newbie...with cat

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Just picking up my first cat... getting addicted quickly!
Having read some of the posts on these puppies... anyone know where I can get some clutch disks???? 8)

Cheers,
Mainer

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 219

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Mainer,:tiphat:
Help is on the way ! I am sure one of the other guys will have the information you seek .

Looks like the SUV sitting next to your Cat has Mattracks on it .

Did you get any manuals with your cat ??? If you did , send a copy to Bob S. and he will add it to his collection so it can be used by all the guys !!!We are trying to build the most complete Snow Cat information source on the net to help owners . Its all free to members .

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Mainer to the forum. I am going to guess you are from Maine. You have a unique vehicle parked next to the snow cat. It appears to have snowmobile tracks????:cool2: Can you provide some pics and detail info on the track conversion set up on the 4X4 vehicle also? :weneedpic

The snow cat looks like it is in very good shape. As to the clutch disk plates for for this cat I am not sure but we have some members who will probably have a source. Have you tried Snotrans in Weiser Idaho or Peterson Equipment in Logan UT?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Mainer, just a guess, but you live in Maine? I've got some very good friends up there and will be meeting up with them in mid-February and again in late March. Beautiful land up there.

As for your question I honestly don't have an answer but it might help everyone if you could provide a bit more information. Is that an early Thiokol Trackmaster? What type of engine/transmission is in your unit?

As to what BigAl wrote about the manuals, we do have a pretty extensive collection of manuals for Tucker, Kristi and Snow Trac machines, but we don't have copies for the older Thiokol units. I have a lead on a manual for a Bombardier but won't know for sure about that for another few days. This site seems to work because we all pitch in and share information so if you have anything to share we'd sure like to be able to distribute it.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually, I'm an American living in Europe for a few years but normally live in Boston with a place in Maine. My heart is in Maine. 8) Gorgeous land but snow is pretty minimal of late! I've always wanted a CAT. I just saw a great 1956 Tucker go on eBay for $7,100 that looked to be in great condition. It was in Montana so wasn't easily accessible to me and would have cost $6K to send to Maine...probably still would have been worth it but have to ease into things.

The pic is a 1961 Thiokol Trackmaster.

I just saw the one on eBay that's been 'pimped' and is currently at $20,100. The original condition photos are on the forum...quite the difference! There's also a video of the pimped ride on youtube (link is in the eBay add).
Check it out... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=220067660986

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
ps... I can get the manual...a couple of guys really did a great job of getting this puppy into top condition...new wheels, new bearings, some work on the engine, etc... includes an extra set of tracks and an extra power distribution unit and transmission.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
"Looks like the SUV sitting next to your Cat has Mattracks on it ."

They're not mattracks...some sort of a knock off. That machine is in pretty rough condition for what they wanted ($7K) for it. Most of the guys in the Maine area looking at it said they wouldn't give more than $1,500. Very flimsy tracks. There's a reasonably nice set of mattracks on eBay that didn't meet reserve (it ended at $6K), but I think the seller paid $10K for them a few years ago. Would be great to have a set of those as well!

AKdadio

I have seen this one before. ??? wonder where. No help on your discs but if you buy the one on ebay it comes with spares.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Mainer, if you are in Europe, where abouts are you, are you in the UK by any chance, I too own a snowtrac and I am English, living in Wales (well somebody has to!)?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I lived in the UK for four years and really enjoyed it! I brought back a MKI Mini that I picked up in Cornwall from a great family. They'd cared for it as the single owner and garaged it, etc... which, as you know, is odd for a mini! 8)
Anyway, I'm in Zurich now. Very different folk here! "You must follow Ze Rules!" "You must have ze special papers for ze SnowCat or suffer ze consequences." ;)