• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Master for sale : Ebay Germany

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I found this on the German Ebay website.

It is a Snow Master, the long/wide track version of the Snow Trac. It may be of interest to some of our international members?
The price is at 2000 Euros. The reserve is NOT yet met.

My rough translating abilities show all the normal stuff about this vehicle. However he does include some spare parts including a spare variator belt and what I think is a clutch plate. He does claim the VW engine is in perfect working order but the brakes don't work.

http://cgi.ebay.de/SNOW-TRAC-SNOW-MASTER-ST4-B-Nr-1013_W0QQitemZ180030109473QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

21_1.JPG

SNOW TRAC - MASTER ST-4 B Nr. 1013

mit VW- Käfer Industriemotor

Legendäres Schneefahrzeug, made in Schweden.
Die letzte Produktions- Serie lief 1981.
Mit Hydraulikanlage und vielen Ersatzteilen hier zu versteigern.
Allein die Ersatzteile sind auf der ganzen Welt gesucht.

Das Schneefahrzeug wurde von uns zum Waren- und Gästetransport und vorher
zur Pistenpflege eingesetzt.
Es haben insgesamt 6 Personen + Fahrer in der beheizten Kabine mit Sitzpolstern platz.
Der Einstieg erfolgt über eine Tür am Heck.
Das Fahrzeug wird über ein Lenkrad gelenkt. Die Kraft wird über eine Riemenkupplung
auf beide Ketten verteilt. Ersatzriemen und Kupplungsscheiben sind ebenfalls vorhanden.

Diese Fahrzeuge sind heute kaum noch im Einsatz und meist nur im Museeum zu finden ( z.B. England ).
Ein echtes Sammlerstück der Fahrzeuggeschichte.
Es handelt sich außerdem um ein Sondermodell mit verbreiterten Ketten und großer Kabine.

Das Fahrzeug ist voll funktionstüchtig. Motor und Technik aus dem VW-Käfer übernommen.

Motor in einwandfreiem Zustand.
Bremsen defekt, ein paar kleinere Reparaturen müssten durchgeführt werden, um
das Fahrzeug funktionsfähig und sicher betreiben zu können.

Die Karosserie ist durchwegs aus Aluminium und daher rostfrei.

Das Pistenfahrzeug kann jederzeit bei uns besichtigt werden.

Privatverkauf ohne Gewährleistung, Barzahlung bei Abholung.
Spassbieter werden zur Rechenschaft gezogen.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
English translation for the German ST-4:
with VOLKSWAGEN beetle industrial engine Legendary snow vehicle, larva in Sweden. Last production series 1981 ran. With hydraulic system and many spare parts here to auctions. However the spare parts are looked for in the whole world. The snow vehicle was used before from us to the being and guest transport and to the runway care. Altogether 6 persons have + drivers in the heated cab with upholstered seats place. The entrance is made by a door at the tail. The vehicle is steered over a steering wheel. The strength is distributed over a belt clutch on both chains. Spare belts and clutch disks are likewise present. These vehicles are today hardly still in the use and usually only in the Museeum to find (e.g. England). A genuine piece of collecting tank of vehicle history. It concerns in addition a special model with widened chains and large cab. The vehicle is fully functional. Engine and technology from the Volkswagen beetle taken over. Engine in perfect condition. Brakes defectively, a few smaller repairs would have to be accomplished, in order to be able to operate the vehicle functionally and surely. The body is throughout from aluminum and therefore stainless. The runway vehicle can be visited at any time with us. Private sales without guarantee, cash payment during collection. Spassbieter are pulled to the account.
Price: 2000 Euro(s) = 2555.81 American Dollar(s)
1 USD = 0.78253 EUR
1 EUR = 1.27791 USD

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
KevoH said:
Maybe same from 1988?
Hi KevoH, welcome to the Forums! Where in Germany are you located?

The pictures sure look similar. The one you show from 1988 shows a Snow Master with all "small wheels" and the #2 wheel being a solid brass wheel, which is the way many of the early model Snow Masters were equipped. The one on Ebay appears to have be a newer model, it has a large front wheel/tire and all rubber wheels.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I spent a summer in Munich, Oberomegau (sp?) and other parts of Bavaria. I also took a long boat ride up the Danube so I think I may have been near you, but maybe farther south?