• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home made tucker rollers

cootbruce

If you need tucker rollers see my post under tucker rollers needed below, I
posted how I made roller at a cost of about $5 each....I had good luck with this process and I know how hard it is to find rollers these days.....hope it helps you keep your tuckers rolling!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a pal that also might be intrested in the rollers Send photos

cootbruce

Sorry guys, I don't have photos....I don't even have these machines anymore, I made these more than 15 years ago. But it is not hard.....Find the plastic from Granger, you can get it in sheets or round stock, drill a hole in the middle once you cut the outside to size, buy a carrage bolt and washer from you local hardware store to match the size of the hole in the track and to match the guide ring on the old roller. Bolt it on "tight". You don't want it to turn like a roller, you want it to slide, like a snowmobile slide on a track. They worked very well for me, I always tried to run into some deeper snow to estiblish some ice on the wear bars.

the old trucker

This stuff might be good to use for the bushings....

Here's a pic of my new bushings that I had made from uhmw polyethylene. That stuff is supposed to wear better than steel, & they say it's self lubricating, but I will put low temp grease in there also. First he cut them a little oversize & pressed them in place. Then he drilled them out to fit on the body axles.

PICT0666.jpg

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
This stuff might be good to use for the bushings....

Here's a pic of my new bushings that I had made from uhmw polyethylene. That stuff is supposed to wear better than steel, & they say it's self lubricating, but I will put low temp grease in there also. First he cut them a little oversize & pressed them in place. Then he drilled them out to fit on the body axles.

PICT0666.jpg

How has it been wearing ?