• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Stalking

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife says that I have an issue as I was telling her about some Tuckers I was hunting but she calls stalking.

Friend who visits his family in VT drives by a small ski area regularly said there were two cats in the parking lot. Google earth sure enough their they were. Pontoon Steel track and a newer 70's rubber. Got in touch with the guy in charge of the ski operations. Real nice chatted for a bit about the history. He has a special place for those tuckers. Staying put for now they might get on here one day.

As I was searching those I came across this 443 picture from Randolph VT at an old closed ski area called Pinnacle from a number of years ago. Looked up the address and sent and old fashioned letter inquiring about the history and what happened to it. The current owner of the property was nice enough to call me back. The lodge is now a home and they sold it years ago. Couldn't remember where it went or to who. Probably at Tuckerville by now. Hopefully its still around somewhere east.

In the conversation came up another parts relic that is in the woods around there somewhere.

She thought it was strange. I told here people like talking Tuckers and I would be excited for someone to be asking about mine.

I guess the point is cool stuff out there keep stalking!

Attachments

• pinnaclegroomer.jpg
    pinnaclegroomer.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 300

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We can "RAISE-THE-BAR" a bit. http://www.nelsap.org/
Vermont used to have even more ski areas. This web site, that is a directory of Ski areas that went out of business, list over a hundred Vermont EX- Ski areas. Now you know more places to 'Hunt'!
Maple Valley, Magic Mountain, Carinthia, J-Peak, Hog Back, Haystack,... places we skied in the late 60's and early 70's, are all gone now. But old cats that called these places their home are hiding away,......
"The Game is afoot"!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quite a few lost areas out here. Thunderhead is on the street I live on now. All houses today. Rope tow was there late 90's. http://www.nelsap.org/ma/thunderhead.html

Grew up on Brandy Brow Road in Haverhill. Road my atvs up and down this one. Just learned in last year or so it was an old ski tow: http://www.nelsap.org/ma/branbybrow.html

8 of the lost Massachusetts are within 5 miles of me. Maybe I can name my ski hill we have today make it 9 but it's not lost yet!

tatman

SUPER Site Supporter
You never know where you might find one. Here is a Tucker that I have been trying to get the owner to part with. It is in the upstairs of a local sporting goods store. No motor or trans. His wife says it would have to be taken apart to get it down the stairs. I think its about a 53?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 211

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW the snow must have been awfully deep to have driven it into the 2nd story of that building! :wink:

Interesting how it must have gotten there. One has to wonder if you need to dismantle it to get it on the ground! :ermm:

Good luck with the owner..:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You never know where you might find one. Here is a Tucker that I have been trying to get the owner to part with. It is in the upstairs of a local sporting goods store. No motor or trans. His wife says it would have to be taken apart to get it down the stairs. I think its about a 53?

:confused::confused::confused: Why?

tatman

SUPER Site Supporter
I already have more projects than my retirement will ever let me get finished But I have a vision of one of these old Tuckers with a small V6 diesel (like the one in my wife's jeep) and the small terra tracks, maybe 20 mph. Would be a all winter project, but some days it gets 20 below here, so what better could you think to do???

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:biggrin::biggrin: I guess I should have clarified that a little more. Owning one, I understand why you would want one.

My post was in reference to it being upstairs, assembled in a building and why anyone would have done that or left it there as opposed to the ground floor of the store.:ermm: