• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

30 Years Ago Today.....

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The space shuttle Challenger exploded right after launch killing all 7 aboard.

Where were you?

I remember it well. I was contracted by the City of Burlington, VT to extend High Voltage Utility to a new Radisson Hotel being built on the lake front. It was cold as hell that day, we went into the job trailer to warm up and heard the news on the radio. It was pretty quiet the rest of the day.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't even hear about it until 3 weeks later,....... I was in a mid East third world shit hole country.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Just doesn't seem like that long ago. I was working nights. I think I caught it on the noon news.

leadarrows

I had it on the big screen TV in the bar I ran. It blew up and I remember hearing the announcers saying ..oh look something fell off....it's still going.....something like that.
I just said out loud to no in in particular....Well there dead......

They should have rolled out a back-up and gone right back to work.

The America I believed in is just as dead.