• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ObamaCare to cost Indiana $400 Million, what will it cost your state?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just the drug rules portion of ObamaCare will cost my state $400,000,000.00 over the next decade, with costs starting in July of this year. At this point the state is reviewing its options but it appears that ObamaCare may raise property taxes, income taxes and/or sales taxes. It is estimated that ObamaCare will cost my state over a BILLION DOLLARS in the future.

So I'm guessing that Obama, Pelosi & Reid won't have to raise taxes on all of us, it looks like they passed the bills down to our states and the states will do the dirty work and raise taxes. Hold on folks, your taxes are all going up up up. Every state will be faced with this, Medicare is paid roughly 50% by the states, so as Medicare is expanded under ObamaCare, the state's budgets get hammered with new costs. And how many states are currently teetering on bankruptcy? How many are actually financially sound?
New drug rules to cost state $25 million in 2011
HEALTH REFORM LEGISLATION TAKES REBATES AWAY FROM INDIANA MEDICAID
http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_d891c742-c19b-5a8a-89d5-45066ccc338b.html
By Dan Carden - dan.carden@nwi.com, (317) 637-9078 | Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:05 am | (43) Comments

INDIANAPOLIS | While the most costly provisions of federal health reform won't take effect until 2014, state officials determined Indiana's budget will pay a price starting this summer.

That's because the new health law takes money from prescription drug rebates currently paid to state Medicaid programs and redirects those funds to the federal government.

As a result, Indiana will lose $25 million during the 2011 budget year, which begins in July, and as much as $400 million during the next decade, said Anne W. Murphy, secretary of the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.

"This is the first of many costs Hoosier taxpayers will feel as this federal legislation becomes effective," Murphy wrote in a letter sent Friday to Ryan Kitchell, director of the Indiana Office of Management and Budget.

Kitchell forwarded Murphy's letter to lawmakers on the State Budget Committee, including state Sen. Karen Tallian, D-Ogden Dunes, warning committee members there will more bad budget news to come.

"There is still a lot of work to do to evaluate the extra costs imposed on Indiana taxpayers, which will eventually be in the billions of dollars," Kitchell said.​

grizzer

My state costs nothing , in fact Sen. Al Franken said today we will be getting hundreds of millions of dollars from the Fed Govt.

The news announcer just sat there...

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
But, Bob, you know that Obama promised that he was only going to tax the "rich". C'mon, what are you thinking?? What did he say; only those making over 250k a year will pay more and the rest will get a break? What you describe is a tax increase on most everyone. That's not possible under Obama's absolute PROMISE. You know, just like the PROMISE that he would never sign any legislation that hadn't sat on his desk for 5 days first. Remember, 'sunlight is the best disinfectant' speech? Every bill and piece of legislation would sit five days on his desk before he signed it!!!

Somehow, I'm not sure how, he caused a time warp. He inked his (rather than saying "John Hancock" I'm now hearing his "Mohammad") name on that bill as soon as his left hand could find a pen. How can this be? I'm sure some on here will set us straight and let us know that this isn't even remotely true...:whistling:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
But Dargo, Obama is not going to tax everyone, you see he is passing on the bill to the states and the states will begin taxing everyone via SALES, PROPERTY and INCOME TAXES.

The states have no choice.

When the Feds push mandates down to the States, and the States have to pay the bill, then there is no new tax by Obama, the tax comes from the Governors!!! See how that works???

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
When the Feds push mandates down to the States, and the States have to pay the bill, then there is no new tax by Obama, the tax comes from the Governors!!! See how that works???

Oh, I get it! I'll just pay you a 20% commission of the proceeds from a bank robbery that I've planned if you actually go rob the bank for me. That way I never robbed the bank...technically. Right?!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, I get it! I'll just pay you a 20% commission of the proceeds from a bank robbery that I've planned if you actually go rob the bank for me. That way I never robbed the bank...technically. Right?!

I see black SUV,s coming down your drive in the near future :yum: