• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do I need another truck?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Obviously not, but something rare has come available to me. You can't go by any book on this truck, so I thought I'd ask the gear heads here. It's a 2000 F350 2wd crew cab dually with all the options, only 36,500 miles on it and has the 7.3 PSD and an auto transmission.

It was bought new by the owner and has never hauled anything in it's bed, never towed anything and has never sat outside overnight. So, obviously a reasonably rare truck. Paint is perfect as the interior. Thoughts on the truck and thoughts on what it's worth?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Obviously not, but something rare has come available to me. You can't go by any book on this truck, so I thought I'd ask the gear heads here. It's a 2000 F350 2wd crew cab dually with all the options, only 36,500 miles on it and has the 7.3 PSD and an auto transmission.

It was bought new by the owner and has never hauled anything in it's bed, never towed anything and has never sat outside overnight. So, obviously a reasonably rare truck. Paint is perfect as the interior. Thoughts on the truck and thoughts on what it's worth?

That truck's value is strictly in the eye of the guy who wants it. KBB says around 15K ............... good hauler but I couldn't do it without 4 wheel squeal.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$

I'm thinking more toward $20K.

The best dependable engine they offered in a decked out pollution free truck...:a1:.......just price the equivalent truck new now & use the 50% rule...........stay just under that & I think you got a lot of truck for the money.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
It has the last good diesel that Ford used.

Other than that the value is what you and the seller can agree on. I would not pay $20 or even $15k for it. 12 years old with that few miles means either lots of sitting or short trips. No towing, no hauling? What did the owner do, drive it to church on Sundays? 2WD is a huge negative point for value, too.

IMO, it's a 12 year old, $10k (at the most) truck.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i can't give you a price it's worth what some one will pay for it the 7.3 ps has a good track record the torqeshift trans seems to be reliable we have one in our fleet with a boom for lpg tank service i take issues with some of fords better ideas on the truck but to date it's been reliable and just as powerful as my cummins on the plus side my cummins is mechanical injection with a manual transmission nothing to go wrong the ps is computer controled hydraulic unit injector system where the engine must develip oil pressure to feed the hui pump before the truck will run this causes a longer cranking time and instead of 1500 psi poping pressures you are looking at a max pressure around 44000 psi ulsd is having a problem on these systems hydraulicly cracking fuel at these pressures clogging return system s and fouling tanks with a tar like substance i like my first gen cummins but the later model ps engines do have a good track record lastly if you plan to leave the blak top stay away from a 2 wd duely your traction will suck for pu aplications 4 wd is worth the extra money if you ever think you may need traction in snow or mud