• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Original Twinkies factory unionizes 280, Management publishes 60 day shut down notice

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The workers committed job suicide and now the taxpayer will fund their decision. Nothing new here. I'm sure they were warned before the vote, but they made their decision. I feel sorry for the 120 that most likely did not vote for it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Twinkies can be made faster and cheaper in China with only four days shipping to USA Ports. Container delivery to all of the lower 48 in two more days. All shipments sold at Walmart Superstores within 48 hours of receipt. Hardly a blip on the anticipatd shelf life of the product.:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Those who voted for the union were probably all Obama voters anyway, so they were just preplanning their gubmit retirement package. I would be looking to hire those who voted no. They want to work.

As for Twinkies, crap in a cellophane wrapper. Here's what they're made of...

Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid)], Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable and/or Animal Shortening (Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Canola Oil, Beef Fat), Whole Eggs, Dextrose. Contains 2% or Less of: Modified Corn Starch, Glucose, Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sweet Dairy Whey, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium and Sodium Caseinate, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Soy Lecithin, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sorbic Acid (to Retain Freshness), Yellow 5, Red 40.

Source

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Union people call The Rich greedy, but it is the unions that are greedy, including public sector unions. Suspect the accuser.