• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Catholic Priests tell Nancy Pelosi to condemn abortion or leave the Church

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FINALLY. Someone within the Catholic Church has enough guts to speak up against the "so-called" Catholic politicians who violate basic tenets of the Catholic Church.

If Pelosi doesn't want to be a Catholic that is totally fine with me. There is no reason somoene needs to be Catholic. But if you CHOOSE to be a Catholic then you should follow the doctrine and the tenets of the faith. If you don't like them then join a different church. But to constantly proclaim her Catholicism, while at the same time she proclaims anti-Catholic beliefs is totally wrong. All she needs to do is quit the Catholic Church and join a different one, one that supports abortion, gay marriage, etc and she will, at least, no longer be a total hypocrite.

LINK => http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/priests-to-pelosi-condemn-abortion-or-leave-the-church/
Priests to Pelosi: condemn abortion or leave the Church

A pro-life group called on California Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi to “exercise your duties as a public servant and a Catholic, or have the honesty to formally renounce them,” in a widely-circulated open letter Wednesday.

“Public servants are supposed to be able to tell the difference between serving the public and killing the public. Apparently, you can’t,” wrote national director of Priests for Life Father Frank Pavone. “Otherwise, you would have been able to explain the difference between a legal medical procedure that kills a baby inside the womb and an act of murder.”

Pavone’s letter was written in response to the Minority Leader’s argument with a reporter — The Weekly Standard asked Pelosi to clarify her position on abortion in the wake of the Kermit Gosnell case during a press conference Thursday.

“What is the moral difference between what Dr. Gosnell did to a baby born alive at 23 weeks and aborting her moments before birth?”
the reporter asked.

Pelosi dismissed the question and equated Gosnell’s crimes with pro-life activists’ condemnation of abortion.

“What was done in Philadelphia was reprehensible and everybody condemned it. For them to decide to disrespect a judgment a woman makes about her reproductive health is reprehensible,” she said. “Next question.”

When pressed for an answer, Pelosi pushed back harder, telling the reporter abortion should not be a political matter.

“As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this. I don’t think it should have anything to do with politics. And that’s where you’re taking it and I’m not going there,” Pelosi said, according to the press conference transcript.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/20/p...n-abortion-or-leave-the-church/#ixzz2Wma0kv4j

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
about time they started holding their feet to the fire

Agreed!

I understand that if someone proclaims to be of a specific faith that supports abortion then they have the right to proclaim both their faith and the promotion of abortion.

But when someone, like Nancy Pelosi, constantly proclaims that she is Catholic, and constantly proclaims that she is faithful to her religion, then she not only votes in favor of things that are against her faith, but she actually goes out and stumps for causes that are specifically against her faith, promoting those causes that her faith finds to be not just offensive, but blatantly immoral, then she really can claim no legitimate membership in that faith.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed!

I understand that if someone proclaims to be of a specific faith that supports abortion then they have the right to proclaim both their faith and the promotion of abortion.

But when someone, like Nancy Pelosi, constantly proclaims that she is Catholic, and constantly proclaims that she is faithful to her religion, then she not only votes in favor of things that are against her faith, but she actually goes out and stumps for causes that are specifically against her faith, promoting those causes that her faith finds to be not just offensive, but blatantly immoral, then she really can claim no legitimate membership in that faith.

I agree also, except that I don't have a problem with her attending a catholic Church. Religion and Politics, from the time of the Founders, do not belong together.

One should render to ceasar what is ceasar's.

However, I do have a problem with Congresswoman Pelosi constantly reminding us that she is a devout Catholic, when in fact, she is not. I have a problem with her defining what a"good Catholic" is. And, I find her use of the phrase, "Sacred reproductive rights," rather indicative of her ignorance about what Sacred means.

Last I heard, the most Sacred thing in our lives is life.

The clergy is finally found the guts to call her on it. Good for them.