• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bombi 1968 jw68 front drive

trail boger

Does anyone know what I should use to replace the fluid in the front drive system in this unit. Right now the oil looks red in color, not sure if it may be ATF.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
JD Trans, hydorolic and brake oil...

Torque guard is I belive what they call it. JD 20C

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone know what I should use to replace the fluid in the front drive system in this unit. Right now the oil looks red in color, not sure if it may be ATF.

Bombardier did recommend ATF for a number of years we disagreed with them
We started using the trans hydraulic we sold a lot of ring and pinions when people used the ATF. In a small unit like a Bombi, not pulling a load maybe you could have got by with the ATF. But on the the harder working and pulling machine trans hydraulic or the cat TO4 is better. 30 weight is good for average
Use 50 weight in the summer and for the big machines pulling and hauling but
We have used trans hydraulic successfully on machines up to 45,000 pounds