• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pearl Harbor Day

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
Well tomorrow is Pearl Harbor day and guess what?? Have any of you heard any mention of it in the media??? Seems like it never happened to the press. Well, I for one will remember that day and never forget the cowardly attack that took American lives much like 9/11. We need to pull our heads out of the sand and take proactive action to protect our country and people. Reckon that is nuff said!!!!

Trakternut

On 12/7, I take a moment to remember the horrible deaths our service people suffered in that attack. The Japanese admiral that ramrodded that atrocity was afraid that Japan had awakened a sleeping giant. He was correct.
Like the fabled Phoenix, we rose from the ashes of that day to show the world you don't screw with the USA!
Would GOD that we had such leaders, now, as we had then. We showed the world that we are survivors, we are winners, yea, WE ARE AMERICANS!!!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Trakternut,
seems like there are only 2 of us who remember this day. At least we arent afraid to mention it with honor to the victims. Where O where have the patriots gone?????

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I watch Fox News and they talk about it, the rest don't seem to remember what it was about.

The Military Channel does a good job of it though!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
On 12/7, I take a moment to remember the horrible deaths our service people suffered in that attack. The Japanese admiral that ramrodded that atrocity was afraid that Japan had awakened a sleeping giant. He was correct.
Like the fabled Phoenix, we rose from the ashes of that day to show the world you don't screw with the USA!
Would GOD that we had such leaders, now, as we had then. We showed the world that we are survivors, we are winners, yea, WE ARE AMERICANS!!!

You certainly wouldn't get that impression from our current crop of "Leaders"....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Today's "leaders" would have to wait for their advisers to tell them what to say for the smallest political fallout. The men who died in Pearl harbor should never be forgotten. Sadly, today our schools gloss over too much of our past and that increases the apathy.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Today's "leaders" would have to wait for their advisers to tell them what to say for the smallest political fallout. The men who died in Pearl harbor should never be forgotten. Sadly, today our schools gloss over too much of our past and that increases the apathy.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term U.S. of A., huh.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy Trakternut,
seems like there are only 2 of us who remember this day. At least we arent afraid to mention it with honor to the victims. Where O where have the patriots gone?????
Hey Ross,

We didn't forget. I just did it in quiet reverence prior to this thread. My kids (age 8 & 12) had their remembrances as well. It was discussed at their school and they also remember and discussed their visit to Pearl Harbor. Below is a picture my son took on approach to the Arizona Memorial. A visit to "The Punchbowl" really helped put things in perspective as well.

Attachments

• S6300041s.JPG
    S6300041s.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 39

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

I guess what pisses me off is when Obama had to talk with his "War Counsel" as if he was doing a shot at not getting kicked off the island. Could just see the President Roosevelt telling Gen. Eisenhower that the Battle of the Bulge could wait a few months til he got some new poll data in.

Having a bunch of kids around the table deciding what a General in the field needs when he has already asked for it is a bit stupid. Either he trusts that General's ability to do his job and knows what he needs or he should replace him. Then shorting what the General needs months later after the request is simply mind numbing, even more so after telling the enemy we are going to pull our in 18 months...

We are destined to lose both wars when he is done. With an end result of an extreme loss of life which is yet to come because of this stupidity....

Wars aren't meant to be pretty, they cause a lot of death and destruction as a by product, but when you try to have a "Feel good War", you are going to get your ass kicked by those that want to kill you.

I would have had no issues with leveling Iraq or Afghanistan, leaving them and let what is left of the bad government there stay in power, they would still have control, but would be winching at every popcorn fart. Instead we are into wasting our resources with one IUD after another, in a war that was just fought wrong.

You make the prospects of going to war with the U.S. so terrible, it isn't an option.... You end up with Peace...

mak2

I dont remember if I posted about it or not during the year this year, but...
In the summer sometime, our director, at the VA mind you, had an original Indianapolis newspaper removed from the hall display case because it used the word "Japs" to describe the enemy who bombed Pearl Harbor. I was so mad I have avoided him except a couple of times since. Today I stayed very busy cause, well nevermind. I get in so much trouble at work about stuff like this but Japs did bomb Pearl Harbor. Dammit.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I dont remember if I posted about it or not during the year this year, but...
In the summer sometime, our director, at the VA mind you, had an original Indianapolis newspaper removed from the hall display case because it used the word "Japs" to describe the enemy who bombed Pearl Harbor. I was so mad I have avoided him except a couple of times since. Today I stayed very busy cause, well nevermind. I get in so much trouble at work about stuff like this but Japs did bomb Pearl Harbor. Dammit.

You clearly aren't in touch with you gentle side.... That was such a long time ago....:unsure:

You know if you got a lawn fertilizer and filled it with salt and wrote the Headlines in the grass, a few days later it would be pretty neat to see... and even harder to take out of the display case....:brows:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep! got to be politically correct and kiss all their asses. This kind of thinking will get us all killed and the idiots will never see it coming.