• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do You Cruise?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do any you here take a cruise for a vacation?
My wife and I took a 7 day cruise to the Southern Carribean once for a special vacation. Made stops in St. Thomas, Gaudalupe, Grenada, Aruba and Caracas. Best money we ever spent for a vacation. All food and entertainment was included on ship.
Did the tourist shopping at St. Thomas. The rain forests and rum factory at Guadalupe along with a rum tasting room:thumb: . Did a private tour of Fort St. George, Grenada. Visited a private island off Aruba for snorkeling. And Caracas? Well, we went to the port Mall for some shopping and then back to the ship for a day at the pool.
Met a great resident in Grenada who took us into town. Showed us the government offices, the local spice trees in the area, the police academy, the tourism office, the street markets. He just walked right in every place and everyone knew his name.Then he took us for lunch and local beer at his favorite place.
We had a great time.
Would we do it again? Sure, we would. But times and obligations change. One day we will do it again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds like you had a great time ! I have cruised a few times and it is nice to get a "one cost buys all " type of trip . My problem is I get sidetracked easily and may want to spend more time in one area than another . Thats kinda hard if your on a ships schedule .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not too fond of Cruisers. Was on one once and didn't care for it. Then a few years later we had the chance to go on the Queen Mary ll. We signed up and a few days before we were to depart I had to back out. My wife went with our daughter. I thought maybe that one would be great because of the size of the ship but my wife didn't care for it.

murph

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I've gone on a couple of cruises. I love them too. I want to go on the Alaska cruise.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Been boating for years. Never took a cruise on a crewed vessel, just my own. Best trip was taking 3 weeks going to Mackinac Island from New Buffalo, Mi. Stopped at every other port on the way up, sometimes two a day, and then hitting the other every-other ports on the way south.

I'd like to rent a bareboat trawler in the islands some day for a few weeks.

Have never considered a cruise - I wanna pilot the boat!