• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Everything on my backlog except one shutdown in April has been postponed as all can lines are running 24/7 to meet the new orders demand. Tomorrow my son and I are going to make a trip to the work cabin. Just go there for the weekend and home stopping only for gas. This trip I will install my new security door.it snowed 3' up there a couple days ago so I will be taking the Suzuki with me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been on the phone with the kids, grandkids and work.
Work wanted me to come in and do a 10p-2a.
No, no, no.
Find your cover.

Jeff, Kasey, Ty, Maddie and Elaina are all well.
Imma just enjoying my day far from the outside world with a bit of contentment.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
At the hospital. Going for a scope procedure to see if there's something happening with my guts.
I'm home. I'm sleepy. Don't remember a thing. Waiting for results. He took a biopsy of the stomach while in there. We'll see what happens. I'm still losing weight. For a while I had stabilized at around 227ish lbs. Now I'm 216. Last summer I was in the 260s.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife did ours online just the other day. Only thing I heard about was her complaining that she is 'white'. Simple as that. They wanted it broke down more ...German White or etc etc etc.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife did ours online just the other day. Only thing I heard about was her complaining that she is 'white'. Simple as that. They wanted it broke down more ...German White or etc etc etc.

Same here. Didn’t see a choice for “American”.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good foggy morning from Napoleon, Ohio.
I'm taking my walk this afternoon up the path and near the pike, as they call it, then back around the pond.
The eagles are being spotted there.

Just saw the Borden milk truck and the Klosterman bread truck pass down the street to deliver where I work.
One thing of note, if I go outside and it's very quiet, I can hear the truckers constant stream on the overpass.
Working hard they are.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Everything on my backlog except one shutdown in April has been postponed as all can lines are running 24/7 to meet the new orders demand. Tomorrow my son and I are going to make a trip to the work cabin. Just go there for the weekend and home stopping only for gas. This trip I will install my new security door.it snowed 3' up there a couple days ago so I will be taking the Suzuki with me.

it snowed again yesterday and didn't stop until 11pm last night so we are going in the morning as the roads are starting to clear. I can now post from the mountain.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We instituted new protocols for our workers this morning. Last night we sent everybody home with Temperature monitors that stick on the forehead and give a read of your body temperature.
Anyone with a temp is to stay home and everyone must have it on when they come in the building to work.

Again, we must stay healthy, keep our co-workers safe and be on station.

Yesterday we found out that Wal-Mart orders will increase for the security/ingredient labels we package. I ordered double supplies of materials.
We also package swabs and Temperature monitors. Those orders will likely double this month.

…...I wish we made TP...….:thumbup::yum:

Whilst it is fortunate that business is booming, sales mean little if one cannot produce. Since one of the commodities is medical, at this critical time we cannot fall short.

To that end we have issued OTC supplements for immune support to all the staff.

Stay healthy my friends. The nation needs us strong.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
it snowed again yesterday and didn't stop until 11pm last night so we are going in the morning as the roads are starting to clear. I can now post from the mountain.

Well we didn't go again due to a shelter in place and closure of non essential businesses order from the Governor, so now that everyday id Saturday we decided to get more information before going, like can you get in some kind of trouble for traveling that far?? I called the Sheriff and Highway Patrol last night and they said they just found out too and would not say if it was OK or not.
So here we are.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife and I are still sequestered in. Raining today and high wind warnings posted for possible loss of power, so I got the generator ready. Temp in the 60's.

I downloaded a free copy of the book Call of the Wild. This will be the umpteenth time I have read it since I was a kid, but it is an outstanding read and the price was right.

Neighbor saw me putzing outside and came over. He stayed 20 feet away. He said he just wanted to see if we were doing OK and needed anything. That was very nice of him. I chuckled to myself and thought maybe I should be the one helping you. LOL. He said he was getting Xfinity installed today so he could work from home.

The times sure are a changin'. No doubt about that. Will they ever go back to the way they were? I dunno.

I just thank God President Trump is in charge.

Keep safe, stay healthy.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This is the 5th day of house arrest, oh sorry, voluntary social distancing. It's also the 7th day of rain and it's not supposed to stop until well in to next week. This wouldn't be too bad if I could get outside and putz around but I can't. I piddle in the shop rearranging stuff but that's about it.

'Way back when, my wife and I used to be avid game players. Get your mind out of the gutter, I meant board games, but in the past 30 years we just got out of the habit. As I was coming over here to the office, she was clearing off the dining table and said she was going to dig out one of the old jig saw puzzles if she can find one. I think that I'll help her this afternoon. Who knows, we may even sneak in a game of … UNO tonight. :thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been doing the lockdown...er..quarantine...er..I mean...social isolation thing in our house since last Friday. Only time I've been to the city this week was for physio on Monday then straight home. Also for my scope at the hospital on Wednesday. I did go in this morning to my pharmacy just in and out to pick up a prescription.

Since I can't do the gym for the foreseeable future, I set up a workout area where I can get in my complete routine done. So I did that today after plowing snow for an hour. 10 minute warm up. 20 minutes of theraband and other exercises. 20 minutes of treadmill. And a 10 minute cooldown period of stretching. I need to keep mobile during the house arrest period to avoid stiffening up to the point where I can't move.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is the 5th day of house arrest, oh sorry, voluntary social distancing. It's also the 7th day of rain and it's not supposed to stop until well in to next week. This wouldn't be too bad if I could get outside and putz around but I can't. I piddle in the shop rearranging stuff but that's about it.

'Way back when, my wife and I used to be avid game players. Get your mind out of the gutter, I meant board games, but in the past 30 years we just got out of the habit. As I was coming over here to the office, she was clearing off the dining table and said she was going to dig out one of the old jig saw puzzles if she can find one. I think that I'll help her this afternoon. Who knows, we may even sneak in a game of … UNO tonight. :thumbup:

House arrest has it advantages.

We are still going to work but,,,; Cathy and I played some uno on uno last night.

So, I was late for work again this morning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been playing uno, skipboo, and other board games with the kids mainly to keep them off their electronics for a bit. Let me say that I'm glad we aren't in the old house. It was technically a 1050 square foot 3 bedroom bungalow with a 4rth room downstairs which the oldest boys shared. At one point we had 7 kids living there. Very cramped. This house is 2300 square feet with 3 living rooms. Plenty of space for everyone.

Oh, we received a call a couple days ago from one of the foster care agencies we foster for. We now have an 8 year old girl living with us which brings us back to 6 kids in the house.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well we didn't go again due to a shelter in place and closure of non essential businesses order from the Governor, so now that everyday id Saturday we decided to get more information before going, like can you get in some kind of trouble for traveling that far?? I called the Sheriff and Highway Patrol last night and they said they just found out too and would not say if it was OK or not.
So here we are.

Ok we are finally headed to the work cabin this morning, straight there no stops. The same on the return trip.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still under "self quarantine" for the most part. I will be going to the city this afternoon for an abbreviated livestream church service. It will be just our minister doing her thing, me playing music, and another person filming. All keeping our distance of course. We've taken to doing livestream church services broadcast on the churches Facebook page. And because of the social distance thing, only one or two of us playing music.

Other than that, I'm heading out soon to do the back brakes on the expedition.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today marks Day 9 of House Arrest.

We seem to be consuming less food than planned. We are exercising and getting things done around the house. We both continue to lose weight, on purpose. Saving lots of money is also a plus.

Called a half dozen of my immediate neighbors last evening and all seem to be doing well. All are maintaining house arrest as well. Attitudes seem to be good. Curious every one of them mentioned they were good on TP before talking about food, supplies and meds. This country seems to be fixated on TP.

Finally, the last of the snow melted yesterday with the 60 degree temps and rain. We did not get the high NW winds they predicted. That was good.

Vermont is unchanged today with 29 confirmed and 2 deaths, both elderly with conditions, one in a nursing home and one at the VA hospital.

Carry on and stay healthy. Remember, it is all about the attitude.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still under "self quarantine" for the most part. I will be going to the city this afternoon for an abbreviated livestream church service. It will be just our minister doing her thing, me playing music, and another person filming. All keeping our distance of course. We've taken to doing livestream church services broadcast on the churches Facebook page. And because of the social distance thing, only one or two of us playing music.

Other than that, I'm heading out soon to do the back brakes on the expedition.
Got the back brakes done. New rotors and pads. I had attempted to change them last week but couldn't get the calipers compressed for the new pads. Normally a big c clamp will take care of it. But, as it has electric parking brakes, I had to do a little research and discovered that I had to disengage the electronic brake system in order to compress the calipers. It involved turning on the ignition without starting then pressing down on both the fuel pedal and the parking brake lever and while holding those down, turn off the ignition and turn it back on. Gotta love all the new fancy electronics on vehicles nowadays. Of course it took an hour for the first side then 15 minutes for the second as I figured out how to do it and what tools I needed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it didn't rain this morning. I went for a short stroll but the ground is pretty much waterlogged. I'll need to wait for a couple of days without rain before trying to mow.

I went in to the shop to do some more piddling and tidying. I found an old plastic storage tub under the workbench up against the wall and all covered up in "stuff". I couldn't remember what was in it so I dug it out for a looksee. Lo and behold, it contained a package of 24 double rolls of septic safe Angel Soft. Several, that's many, months ago my wife asked me to get some TP when I was in the grocery store. She didn't say what kind and I didn't think that it mattered. When I brought it home I found out pretty quick that we are a Quilted Northern household. Who knew! She told me that she would get the "right kind" when she went in to town. To hide my embarrassment and shame I took the 24-pack out to the shop, stuck it in the tub an forgot all about it until I found it today. All of a sudden, I'm a hero. Strange how times change. We weren't hurting for toilet paper before but now we have enough to last a long time unless any of you guys on here have something you'd like to trade. Just kiddin'.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did go out to pick up some things at the store.
Things are really thinning out at Walmart.
I did find some Clorox bleach this time.
The deli was closed.
I wanted a hot rotisserie chicken, so ended up going thru KFC.
The guy at the window was gloved.
I asked him if all the workers were and he said yes, we're following the rules for safety and cleanliness.
Otherwise I didn't see a lot of traffic.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The platform bed that I had ordered from amazon prime is sitting back in the bedroom ready to assemble, so I've got that to do, as well as hang pictures.
Then the bedroom is officially done.
I've lived in this apartment for almost 7 months now and am still working on making it home.
Lol

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 10 of House Arrest.

Roasting a 14 pound turkey today. Not all the trimmings, but close.

Going for a walk later around the property. Sunny today, but cold.

Small snowstorm coming for tomorrow. 2-4 inches.

Other than that, just another day.

Stay safe & stay strong. :thumbup:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Craft project to hang yarn ... FAILED

Both Melen and the lovely Mrs_Bob crochet and they have a couple bins worth of yarn. They asked me to cut some dowels to 16" long so they could slide the yarn onto the dowels. OK that was easy. Now they want me to make a wall mount, to hold the dowels, so that the end of a dowel rod slips into an angled hole. Using a 2' by 4' piece of 3/4" cherry plywood I had leftover from a prior project I figured it would be easy enough. BUT I have no jig of any sort to drill the same angle holes in a pattern across the surface of the plywood. My drill press won't work. My plunge router won't work. No way I can eyeball it to drill something like 60 perfectly aligned holes into the board. So my thinking cap is on.​

Internet Grocery Order ... IN PROGRESS

The local grocery store offers a service where you place your order & pay for groceries on the internet, schedule a pick up time, and pull up to a special spot in their lot. Figured we'd give it a try. Ordered some refried beans and tortillas, some chicken livers to make pate', and a handful of other goodies. They have texted me about a half-dozen times now that they needed to substitute items on my order. They give the specific substitute and you can approve it or not. Order is to be available for pick up in a couple hours.

Might use it to keep our pantry stocked so we don't have to dip into the 'survival' food inventory too deeply, just in case this whole situation gets worse.​

Walk the dogs ... ???

Roughly 30 degrees and predicted 2" of snow on the way. Not sure we will get the dogs walked today.​

Exercise equipment ... ???

YMCA is closed. We have a small Rowing machine. We have a nice elliptical machine. We have a small Stair Stepper machine. Might be time to get all those things set up for use so my body doesn't turn into a pile of blubber from binge watching FRIENDS on the TV.​

Gun and Ammo sale ... deal agreed upon, meeting tomorrow.

Some might say its a crazy time to be SELLING guns or ammo but I've started to thin down the herd of safe queens. Not going to end up anywhere near defenseless or without ammo. For the calibers I actually need, I have many many many thousands of rounds. But a N.I.B. Springfield M1A-A1 Scout and a full case of 7.62.51 Mil-Surp ammo is going out tomorrow to one of the local county prosecutors for his private collection.​

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad that the grocery store pick-up is working for you. It didn't for us. We got a pick-up time 9-days in the future. The missus was going to run to the grocery store this morning but didn't. She says that she will do it tomorrow when she has to go in to town on other business. I don't know how desperate she is to have a salad. Lettuce and tomato on a hamburger would be nice too.

We were going to do a jig saw puzzle but after my wife cleared off the dining table we couldn't find a puzzle. I know there are some in this house somewhere or maybe they fell victim to one of those mad, sporadic "clean ups". The dining table is now covered with tax papers.

It's still raining, every day for 10 days now, so the dogs aren't interested in going out in that. How can they sleep 20 hours a day? I'm not too interested is going out in that mess either. There are flood warning out for the county. Even without the virus, this would be stay at home weather.

Well, that's one week in and another to go. For me it hasn't been too bad as these days I spend most of my time out and around the house anyway. It's a lot tougher for my wife as she still is so involved in the local community. She's handling it well though but when she's planning dinner at 10:00 in the morning …

If the rain quits and the roads dry out we may go for a drive this afternoon just to see what the outside world looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.