• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Company email on Outing

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Alrighty. I just recieved this email about my companys outing next Sunday. Im not going because I have a wedding to go to. (plus I HAAATE gambling) Either is another peer. But I want you folks to tell me what you think of the email sent. (I changed a few things so it is not exactly what was sent)

Just a friendly reminder about Sunday’s Company Outing.

I realize that many of you have busy weekends, and commitments (PEER marriage topping the approved excused list),..but I’m hopeful you’ll be able to work in some time with your Company Teammates at RACE TRACK this Sunday,..even if it is for only a few hours.

I will be there early to help OFFICE MGR setup, and then I’ll leave temporarily for my daughter’s soccer game. Once that is over, KIDS and I will be back at RACE TRACK to catch the last few hours. My wife will be at baby shower all afternoon, and unable to join us.

I believe VERY MUCH in the importance of each of our participation and attendance at all Company events. We need to find the time as a Sales Team to say thank you to our co-workers and their families, for all the support they’ve given us this year. And I’m sure they want to do the same for all of you that have “brought home the business!” keeping everyone gainfully employed and busy.

I look forward to seeing you Sunday!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I just sent an email to him saying I cant go because I too have a wedding to attend to. That should tick him off. Crap. :neutral:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, what AW said. Aren't you out of a job yet? Your two week notice is up. I doubt they expect you there.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
If you look at the Two Week Notice thread, I was given a reprieve. I sold a lot so for him to can me was next to impossible. BUT..... he raised my damn quota by another 15K AND my revenue target buy $2K. Damnit :hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If you look at the Two Week Notice thread, I was given a reprieve. I sold a lot so for him to can me was next to impossible. BUT..... he raised my damn quota by another 15K AND my revenue target buy $2K. Damnit :hammer:

The reprieve deal, was probably just for you to complete the transactions and then out the door, that is why he probably raised your quota and revenue. I know you don't have a job laying in the basket but you probably should have to told him to fly a kite. To me it was like well we laid you off but if you work for less, sell more stuff you can keep your job. Again I realise you don't have a new job job waiting in the basket so it makes that decision tough.

murph

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Thcri Im just happy to have benefits and pay. Even though the pay sucks. TRUST ME... I would love nothing more to tell him to go scratch. But this is what happens when you dont have shit in the bank. :(
Being in sales.... ESPECIALLY IT sales does stink. I have to know a little bit about the 900+ vendors we have.... learn the new technology thats out, or coming out.... keep everyone happy. Create complex quotes and installs. Build power and cooling and backup systems on paper... recommend whatever their solution will need..... chase down my commission money internally because the HQ didnt enter rebates and spiffs properly... oh yeah.... AND SELL!!!! I have to be an IT Consultant, Project Manager, Sales person, Marketing guy, Speech writer & Presenter, Road Warrior and Professional party bullshiter... I make coffee too! :brows:

:sad: :cry::cry: I guess not. I suck :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I revoke that statement. Im actually pretty darn good. I just got a little emo. :)

Last edited:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a friendly reminder about Sunday’s Company Outing.

I believe VERY MUCH in the importance of each of our participation and attendance at all Company events.

keeping everyone gainfully employed and busy.
Sounds like our place..............
Employees are strongly encouraged to attend

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Im now going to it. Im not going to the church cceremony. Im going up north to the race track and hang out for 30-45 minutes then drive way south to the wedding reception. I have no other choice. He looked at me like he wanted to freakin kill me!!! :ermm:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
By the way, SnoOps and I must attend a team meeting in Custer, SD on 24-26 Sep. I think he's bringing the lovely (and saintly patient) Mrs. SnoOps. Will be glad to meet any FF members within a couple hrs drive just to share SnoOps jokes and jabs! :thumb: :poke:

Unlike Sushis company, our group does not have 'outings'. Your preference is your own and we don't need to hear about it. :rolleyes:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
By the way, SnoOps and I must attend a team meeting in Custer, SD on 24-26 Sep. I think he's bringing the lovely (and saintly patient) Mrs. SnoOps. Will be glad to meet any FF members within a couple hrs drive just to share SnoOps jokes and jabs! :thumb: :poke:

Unlike Sushis company, our group does not have 'outings'. Your preference is your own and we don't need to hear about it. :rolleyes:

Bob, Jan and I might meet you guys in Hill City which is just a short drive north if you are buying dinner? They have a great little restaurant called the Alpine Inn that serves great dinners cheap.......

Sorry Sushi to steal your thread! I once worked for a company that promoted outings as a company group and very seldom did I go as children were never invited. We did activities as a family which included our children and that made us a stronger family unit. As for advice Slushi, just don't smile and talk to anyone and escape as quick as possible....

After work hours should be your hours. I never understood the company mentality when it came to socializing. I worked with those people and I sure did not want to spend any more time with them after work.....:furious: I actually had outside the work friendships which many people never cultivate.....:mrgreen:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Forgot to mention, Sushi. WE'LL be on the clock, transportatoin, lodging, meals...all provided. :thumb:

Trakternut

Listen, Sush. If they ain't gonna pay you for your time at this outing, then you can't be forced to go. As was said, your off time is your own. Besides, will this increase your chances of being kept on? I highly doubt it. By going to this function against your own wishes, you're kissing the asses that have been fartin' in your face for..........how long?
Screw 'em! Go to the wedding and don't think a thing of it. Anybody says anything, tell 'em you wanna get paid for going then, and name a fairly substantial hourly rate too.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I know Traktor, but he said it...
believe VERY MUCH in the importance of each of our participation and attendance at all Company events.

If I dont go, Im black-balled. :(

Trakternut

I know Traktor, but he said it...

If I dont go, Im black-balled. :(

Yeah, well, they're probably pretty blue now, so what's another shade darker?? :whistling:

Seriously, I hear what you're saying, but there's this thing of loyalty.........you are..........apparently, they're not. Get my point? :hammer:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey guys if any of you are around SD between the 24th and 26th then I would be glad to meet up with you to show you a video of Bob driving his Kristi. Its great for some laughs!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

what about the driving thing up north............if I were single, in your place and position, I would be up there now! Once you get paid for this last sale..............and paid in full, get the driving job, leave thier ass in the dust of I QUIT and walk out. YOu been paid and now some slob will have to work your stuff for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. I would not trust this company one minute. As for the outing, if the food is free, go, make an appearance then leave.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Ddrane they arent hiring for Truck Hauler positions now. :( I got en email back last Friday.

I thought you already were when they told you that you had two weeks?

You are still looking for another job, aren't you? Or are you fine where you're at now?

Hell yes Im still looking!!!! The place I work for just isnt working out. When I got that damn email about going to the race track I wanted to punch this guys face in! Make my ass drive over to a company event on a SUNDAY!? What an asshole. My time is MY TIME!!!! When I was to go to Seattle, they flew me out on Sunday afternoon. I worked from 7am till 9pm for 4 days. Thats FINE if Im getting paid well!!! But $30K does NOT cut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok now Im realllllllly pissed OFF!!!!!!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
sushi, if you don't want to go then don't. Its not a paid event and they can't do anything to you for not going. they have already attempted to get rid of you, which did not work out for them. so sc**w them and spend your time off how you want to spend it.

D

darroll

Sushi,
You had better go, Buddy. Excuse yourself and go to the wedding. Whoever wrote that e-mail, I feel, did a poor job..
Oh well.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, Jan and I might meet you guys in Hill City which is just a short drive north if you are buying dinner? They have a great little restaurant called the Alpine Inn that serves great dinners cheap.......
<snip>

Do-able!! SnoOps has, by not seeing this post, volunteered to buy. Everyone, a big hand for SnoOps! :clap: What a guy! :festive: