• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'80 Tucker 1342 in NY on C/L

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 00p0p_l9vrHJqRj6v_600x450.jpg
    00p0p_l9vrHJqRj6v_600x450.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 727

Boston

Yah, I'm seriously looking at this one, I was wondering if the frame on the 1342 is the same length as the 1542 I'm also considering. Also the bogie wheels look like a larger diameter on the 1342, curious if thats just a photo effect or is they actually are.

I'd buy it tomorrow if I knew it was a good machine, but as it is, I've got to find someone in the up state area to go check it out for me. Any one on the forum in the area ? want to help me pick out a machine ?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
dang it's the same color as my snow trac and Thiokol I should buy it to round out my collection. oops forgot I'm out of money until we get snow and I can go out and make some more. what a shame, also its on the wrong side of the us. shipping would be a deal breaker

Boston

shipping brings it up to the same price as several available here in colorado, But, this one has half the hours, and I'm a big believer in getting after the maintenance before its worn out. Only thing I'm concerned about is the length of the frame being the same and those shorter tracks. I want to be able to tow with this thing and I'm not sure if longer tracks do that better or shorter. Any thoughts on what size tracks work best for towing ?

treeeman00

my guess would be that longer tracks would be better for towing. You have less ground pressure with the more surface area you have. Its the same principal as a bulldozer. That's why they put wide tracks on for less ground pressure and better flotation.

JAGEmpire

I looked at it.....318 Chrysler just purrs....the tracks may need to be replaced....was used for grooming snowmobile trails, if you have any questions or concerns...let me know

AdkSnowcat

I e-mailed this guy a couple times. He looked at, and described, the undercarriage for me. Three of four sprockets have cracks. I forget how many of the rollers he described as "ugly." Sounded like the undercarriage had been ignored for some time. The exhaust stack looked kind of weird, poorly repaired, in the photos. Made me worry about the turntables and who knows what else. I decided to pass on taking a look.

Boston

The owner seems like a nice guy, and he did kinda bend over backwards and send me some pictures of just what I asked. But I've got a few quite a bit closer to home that I could have for about the same price, considering shipping, and did seem to be in better shape even it they did have more hours. I guess the plan these days is to wait till just the right machine jumps up and bites me.

Something with the larger track length I think would suit my interests a bit more.