• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cool custom snowcat at auction

yooperman

This thing looks pretty cool. I am not sure how to post the actual link.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.PNG
    IMG_0213.PNG
    713.6 KB · Views: 709

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Cool custom snowcat at auct

It has been auctioned before and did not sell they wanted over 150K I know come on I could build one for less......

mr. outdoor,

have you seen this machine in person? what do you think of the build, good, bad, indifferent?

so, you guys can build a luxury liner for far far far less, interesting, talk to me

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Cool custom snowcat at auct

mr. outdoor,

have you seen this machine in person? what do you think of the build, good, bad, indifferent?

so, you guys can build a luxury liner for far far far less, interesting, talk to me

I did not say for far far less, you did. :shifty: I had someone look at it and send detailed pictures and report. Not a quality build in my opinion, but it does remind me of a Older VW bus on tracks. It is a one of a kind machine for sure.
But if you really look at its function you can put a 50,000 cab on an a newer hydro cat which you bought for 50K and have a more functional machine with a wet bar.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Verbage from one of the last auctions in 2011

ARTICLE Posted by: Jul 28, 2011
Looking for the ultimate off-roader this snow season? Forget the snow chains and check out this baby instead.
Coming up for auction in the USA in September is this unique Polar King 'Snow Cat'. Looking ready to tackle anything that Buller or Falls could throw at it, the Snow Cat features a pressurized cabin and seating for eight, so you and your mates won't have to wait in line for the chairlift!Polar King International Inc. are a US company, better known for their refrigerated trailers and standalone outdoor refrigeration units. The Snow Cat is believed to be a one-off created by the company as a show vehicle. Powered by a supercharged Buick V-6 engine, the Snow Cat features wide rubber tracks, presumably to spread the vehicle's footprint and prevent it digging into deep snow. Inside, there's a well-appointed, motorhome-style interior trimmed with real timber and burgundy cloth upholstery. Entry is via a step-ladder at the rear and there are storage areas aft of the troopcarrier-style face-to-face seating for the passengers. The driver sits in a central position up front.The Snow Cat is one of the consignments on offer at the Auctions America by RM 'Auburn Fall' auction event in Auburn, Indiana, this September 1 - 4. Coincidentally, Polar King's headquarters are also in Indiana.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
interesting, thank you for the info, looks better on paper, and if put safari windows in it, you got a VW bus

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picture from 2011

Notice it's at the same location just different season and 6 years later

And crawling in the front trap door to drive it is not real appealing, and the first engine fire with all the wood in the back could trap all the passengers

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Picture from 2011

Notice it's at the same location just different season and 6 years later

And crawling in the front trap door to drive it is not real appealing, and the first engine fire with all the wood in the back could trap all the passengers

just a dumb design, climbing in a trap door up front, do not let it roll forward into a snow drift, I.E. BMW Isetta...:yum::yum::yum:

Last edited:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
28 bids so far and only up to 5,600.00

There was this at the auction site as well...

This incredible machine has only 87 hours and 294 hours since new. According to the seller, it was originally built for a group in Utah with a build cost of over $250,000! Save a lot of money and buy the one vehicle your neighbor won't have for sure!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
for that kind of money, great garage art, and if you are MNoutdoor man, put it on a pole, 20 feet up, neon, flashing lights...