• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PB 270 Moog Controller

schmidt

We have begun having consistent steering issues with this early 80's PB 270 after 10 minutes of warm up with the machine pulling left. Early tests appear to be a faulty Moog Controller. Here are some rough pics of the left side controller. Checking on long shot if someone may have source to one, or perhaps where a Moog Controller could be rebuilt, besides sending it to Moog. The machine is located in WA state. Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 252
  • EmptyName 1.jpg
    EmptyName 1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 287
  • EmptyName 2.jpg
    EmptyName 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 264
  • EmptyName 3.jpg
    EmptyName 3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 267
  • EmptyName 4.jpg
    EmptyName 4.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 250
  • EmptyName.jpg
    EmptyName.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 260
Have you tried calling Pisten Bully in Oregon or Reno? I had one(Moog) fail on me about 5 years ago or so and as I recall Pisten Bully in Reno sent me to a company in California that sold me a reconditioned Moog. I don't remember the price but it was pretty reasonable for my needs. Also if you don't use your tiller it maybe possible to swap out the one on your tiller pump for the drive that is causing problems. Again PB tech support is the first place I would turn to for help.

schmidt

Thanks for the suggestions! We are using the tiller, but may swap to confirm. I have spoken to Rod down in Reno a number of times on other issues, I will try reaching out to him again. If I find a Moog rebuild source, or if someone has one, I'll be sure to post.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would call or visit the larger ski areas. they could still have a inventory of spare parts for older machines. crystal mountain has or had 17 pistenbullies
jim

schmidt

UPDATE: Just finished the repair on the Moog Servo Controller with Jack McGowan / McGowan Controls. Jack was great! He educated me on controllers and they repaired the controller in one day. In my case it was a broken internal wire. Complete service was a flat rate $545.00. Thanks again for this lead and here is the information if it can be of help to others:

McGowan Controls
Jack McGowan
Assoc: Pete
5005 South Ash Suite 13
Tempe, AZ 85282

480-664-2405
Jack@mcgowancontrols.com