• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2019 midwest cat clowder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
snow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-205617.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-205617.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 324

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
We brought a little Michigan,Wisconsin, & Minnesota back home last year:hammer:
Worth every minute of cleanup :clap::clap:

Attachments

• 20180204_142736.jpg
    20180204_142736.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 314

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
was on the phone with weatherby to confirm the date, he says hello and wishes he could make it.
I caught him in the groomer ( two tracking it like a boss ) Ironically he has issues getting on the forum (Password between the phone and computer) he is working on it.

snow is in the forcast, cold temps are freezing up the items that need to be froze.

There are a couple empty trailer alerts to report. one out of Neenah WI. good for 6K lbs
One out of the WI thumb, He is a towing company so the qualifications are there for most any load.

quiet here that is for sure....... Steve that frosty paint job looks great, I soak everything with WD and them smear wax on anything else.

so all you cat tuggers, there is a really nice DIY car wash in iron wood, heated floors and tall garage doors to back the whole rig in, to spray away.....

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I should double the dose of anti-gel in the truck and the cat!

Attachments

• 69BDBBEB-D329-4C5F-BFAF-563C79E1D1EA.png
    69BDBBEB-D329-4C5F-BFAF-563C79E1D1EA.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 285

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And perhaps our livers as well.

don't want to gel up and artery....

and in the for what it is worth department. (mindless rant below)

There is a saying here in the central midwest, if you don't like the weather, Wait 5 minutes.....
with that said:
the weather liars have become more drama oriented. Don't get me wrong, weather is weather, but this reporting temperature RATE and opposed to actual air temp is frustrating, My 4x4 Van starts unaided to 0. If it is below 0 it might start, when i have to listen to the overnight forecast 6 times to get an actual air temp value out of one of them, something is wrong.

"Air temperature is the temperature of your expired corpse, regardless of the wind speed."
is a quote from a Wilderness First Aid training credential I maintain,

Rant over.

Well maybe a little more twisted humor intent.
I will now proceed to go back outside and turn my back to the 30-40MPH gusts as we are getting hammered with snow and fire up some 50 hour two track train wreck and go smash drifts for What feels like forever so the state run Tuckers and tractors can groom snow.

I am actually crabby because my tucker is stuck, I sun burned my eyes welding with my hood up cause my glass was fogging so bad it had icicles. but such is life right, as awehell states, "stupid should hurt"

So back on track: ( see what I did there)?!
To the clowder attendees, I just scored the mother of all "Orange Themed" yard sale Hauls. I will be putting together a Orange themed care kit for a door prize for the dinner program Saturday NIght.
Also:
Oh and the Classic car Blogger Photog lady confirmed, she is BAck from a Classic car shoot in CUBA and is pumped to join up with us. If you have a seat speak up The crowd is big this year, seats will be at a premium. (near the heater, specifically for snow cats With tops)

funtracks

With those temps I'll just have to do a little more planning. Tried starting my Tucker yesterday around 0 degF and it wasn't going too well. Plugged in the block heater for an hour and fired up. I checked with the Bluff Inn (in Bessemer where I'm staying) and they have a few outlets in their parking lot for a block heater. I originally was thinking about dropping off the Tucker and trailer Thursday evening at Big Powderhorn but might keep it at Bluff Inn, plug it in early Friday morning and start it on the trailer and just let it run. I'll still aim to be at BP by 7:30ish Friday morning.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe a little chilly Thursday morning but it gets better from there!
Now they say 34 on Saturday, that’s t-shirt weather.
Anybody else headed Westbound and down then UP? My neighbor Scott and I are leaving NY Wednesday evening, cat convoy?
Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing all the cats at play

Attachments

• EEE8377F-1BD3-4F45-9CEB-521E9DCC56D8.png
    EEE8377F-1BD3-4F45-9CEB-521E9DCC56D8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 232

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right on,

this event is the king of idling snow cats on trailers, watch any of the videos and the cats all have exhaust coming out the pipes.

Those west coast mafia types contribute to global warming by leaving the heat entrapment attachments at home. but they are tough so topless is no problem.

In the whining dept.
It takes about two hours to change a blower motor in a packmaster 2100. another engineer that needs to just looked at funny.... what a crappy design for a heater box. the good news its easy to tear apart with a vice grip an channel locks in cold temps.....
I could build a better heater with a deck of cards and some duct tape..... How do I know that.... that is basically what i just did. photos forth coming.

in the sad news dept. Kicker is out, the Beef sponsor is in if we can find a wise old Owl or a 300 cartridge to go out of their way a bit to pick it up....... Hell that bunch out of North east Iowa might be able to help.....

Fun tracks how far is Se-bee-kah MN from you?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
in the thank you department, that's two years in a row with a protein sponsor!! from the canned beaver of 2018 event to a new event sponsor providing black Angus burgers!!

Thank you!

PJL

"Those west coast mafia types contribute to global warming..."

52 degrees here just an hour south of Seattle. That's PLUS 52 degrees.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A balmy -13 and falling in Iowa right now... Snow Trac is loaded and ready, my Truck is plugged in as well. It is supposed to fall to -22 or some such number by morning.

Everyone travel safe. Think ahead of these low temps, and prepare accordingly.

Pulling out first thing in the morning, with a box of 40 event tee shirts in tow. Some one please remind me to sell them please!! :beer:

Regards, Kirk

100MPH

Any takers for going out on the Thursday trail tour? If so, we usually meet at the hill, Big Powderhorn. It will be a good day to get the rust off the grousers. Or as others have done in the past wash them...9am or so?

funtracks

Sorry squirrel, Sebeka is nearly 4 hours NW of Red Wing! I actually had to look it up, lived in MN my whole life and never heard of that town!

Left my daily driver outside last night, newer vehicle with a brand new Interstate battery....didn't start. Good thing I've keep my towing rig inside, drove it to work today and will keep it indoors when home to ensure we can pull out of town without too much drama Thursday evening. Is there something I could bring to contribute to the food?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No sweat, nobody has ever starved to the point of discomfort at this event.....

the lunch on Friday is a community effort, everyone shares. bring want you want so the beaver tail goes down easier.

beautiful sunny travel day today, enjoy the dry roads and sunlight.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful and easy on equipment this weekend with the cold & wind. It would get bad quickly having to fix something on the trail. Also saw there was a traffic jam with penguins giving up the cold and heading to Texas.

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any takers for going out on the Thursday trail tour? If so, we usually meet at the hill, Big Powderhorn. It will be a good day to get the rust off the grousers. Or as others have done in the past wash them...9am or so?

I am going to try to make it for 9am. I can take second shift if you are travelling in on thursday and want to go sample some ice roads, river crossings and or pretty good snow conditions.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like it will be a great travel day (night) once I get out of the stuff coming from Lake Erie, leaving here by 5. I hope to be in the U.P. by morning!

Attachments

• 40BE45A6-B8AC-4B89-AB3F-961A6F61E22E.jpg
    40BE45A6-B8AC-4B89-AB3F-961A6F61E22E.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 457

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
good looking tow rig, It is the official snow cat tow rig of the tucker mafia

makes me wonder if we are being invaded from the east.......

blackened windows, I guess we will see when the beer is revealed, yuengling, he is one of us. tucker ale, hide and lock up the orange bits he (might be) one of those global warmer types........:th_lmao:

the cold must be getting to me, called snow tracking nome for advice on a jelled up 2018 case IH tractor, Good tips, just the fuel was not having it after the aids wore off. these shitty 50 hour thiokols are drinking the same gogo juice and having no problems. the Apple Creek snow Ryders grooming gig is going into neutral, the fun time clowder express is not much to look at, just a super duty, empty trailer. and headed north.... the operator is prepared to do battle with stubborn thiokol 201 and a tucker project. God bless a cold alison Transmission.... (cause I am not going to):hammer:

let the fun begin.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pitch a tent over them and fire up your propane blaster. It will warm up or burn them down. You win either way.

100MPH

Well here we go finally got the cats off the trailers and on the snow late Thursday...no chance of any snow melt today.

Attachments

• IMG_20190131_160449325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190131_160449325_HDR.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_20190131_153313446_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190131_153313446_HDR.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 410

100MPH

The weather looks to be shaping up today, warmer yet tomorrow...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    212.4 KB · Views: 407

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great day of snow catting...clowder style

and beer squirrel was very happy...

Attachments

• 20190201_121236.jpg
    20190201_121236.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 375
  • 20190201_101909.jpg
    20190201_101909.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

alryA

We got home last night from the 2019 midwest cat clowder. We had a great time and will try going again next year and bring the mutts and 6x6 with us. :clap: Here is a sampling of photos. More to come later.

Attachments

• P1020737.jpg
    P1020737.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 319
  • P1020739.jpg
    P1020739.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 308
  • P1020741.jpg
    P1020741.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 325
  • P1020756.jpg
    P1020756.jpg