• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Homemade Tracklayer

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that is the best cheesy website I have seen.

I think it is great.

You should have an open house...... Say the 29th of september.... now just where to do it.........

HmMMMMMM

Siberian frog progress!
2lmus5g.jpg

kbujc0.jpg

250o5c7.jpg

5anjwn.jpg

25f0dfs.jpg

Cab shakedown

Attachments

• IMG_20181230_152526255_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20181230_152526255_HDR[1].jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20181230_152456724_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20181230_152456724_HDR[1].jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 224

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a bad ass little rig you got there.. Surprised to see it stuck... and from the ride you gave me this fall, I am sure it will be capable as heck in snow! :thumbup:

Cabin heat should not be an issue either!

Are you bringing it to the Clowder?

Regards, Kirk

Trackrig

Nice looking track rig.

In reading the above posts, did I miss how the steering works?

A suggestion for you if you redo the tracks. When you install the grouser bolts, reverse them next time. The way they are now, the heads will get rounded off on rocks and hard ground. With the head rounded off you won't be able to get a wrench or socket on them. If that happens your only option will be to cut them off with a torch possibly burning the track rubber.

When you turn them around with the bolt threads sticking out, yes the threads will be damaged, but you'll still be able to get a 6-point socket on both the bolt head and nut. The nuts will be hard to remove, but a good impact wrench will take care of it.

Bill