• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Introduce myself

stigger

Hello. Just found this forum, and looks like it ought to be a fun place to visit from time to time.

Love all the joke forums and humor sections.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Stigger, glad you found us. :thumb:

If you want an avatar there are some here you can choose from or any pic you have select it and the avatar tool should make it your avatar (unless it is to huge). Easy to try in UserCP/Edit Avatar There you can use a custom avatar that we have available to all users or click the choose file button to upload one from your puter, tablet, or phone. Here is a direct link to the Edit Avatar web page: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/profile.php?do=editavatar

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

I'll try not to hold that Ford thing against you. ;)

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi and welcome.

I smashed my Ford Ranger back in 2003. People complained about the truck and how bad I was hurt. But hey, who knows I may have been killed in something else!
I can't drive now. But it's a shame they stopped making the Ranger (in the U.S.).
There are still a lot of them on the roads though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I have an f150 with 195k kms on the clock right now.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

stigger

It's interesting: What makes one a "Ford guy" or "Chevy guy" or name your own preference? Is it what your dad liked when you were a kid? Is it bad experiences with one/good experiences with the other?

Guess for me, my dad was always kind of a Ford guy....and I've always liked them too. My 2 brothers like Chebbys tho, so who knows LOL.

Leni

Welcome. I have a 1968 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible. It's candy apple red with a black top and interior. It has the glass rear window.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hi and welcome.

I smashed my Ford Ranger back in 2003. People complained about the truck and how bad I was hurt. But hey, who knows I may have been killed in something else!
I can't drive now. But it's a shame they stopped making the Ranger (in the U.S.).
There are still a lot of them on the roads though.

Best small truck ever made, not even close. I have owned three now and put a total of 488,000 miles on them over the course of 27 years. My first in 1990 and I still own my third, an FX/4 with 150K on the clock and looks and runs like brand new. That is it in my avatar. She's a beauty, long paid for and owes me nothing.

Sorry for highjacking the thread, but I figgered Stigger the welder would enjoy the tale.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It's interesting: What makes one a "Ford guy" or "Chevy guy" or name your own preference? Is it what your dad liked when you were a kid? Is it bad experiences with one/good experiences with the other?

Guess for me, my dad was always kind of a Ford guy....and I've always liked them too. My 2 brothers like Chebbys tho, so who knows LOL.

For me, I started out liking Ford Mustangs. The best pony car of all time, IMHO. I still like them but have no need for one.

After buying my first Ranger, an 88 model in 1990 I quickly realized how easy they were to work on. Rugged as hell with a box frame in the front. A brake job literally takes minutes to do. Nothing goes wrong with these trucks if properly maintained. Very easy to mod with Mustang and Explorer goodies. I have the overhead console I installed from a junkyard Explorer, Explorer bucket seats and center console and this summer, a rear disc brake conversion from a SN95 Gen 4 Mustang. That would be 1994-2004 era for you non Ford types. :biggrin:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a Ford 100 once (back before the Ford 150s). Great truck. A wielder buddy of mine made me a custom bumper for me.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome. I have a 1968 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible. It's candy apple red with a black top and interior. It has the glass rear window.

Yeah, Leni, lets see that rag top in all its glory. Those Galaxy 500's are great cars. Brings back some memories.

Ironman

Hello. Just found this forum, and looks like it ought to be a fun place to visit from time to time.

Love all the joke forums and humor sections.

Welcome to the community. :smile:

Haha, just kidding about the pic my friend. I'm not a ford guy, but I'll never buy another GM/Obama motors vehicle again. Ever. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0983.PNG
    IMG_0983.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 141

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I also had a Ford Granada. I bought it new for cash. What a lemon. The A/C quit working and since this is PHOENIX it was NOT pleasant. Since I was working 7 days a week, 10, 12 and more hours a week I never had much (any) time to get it fixed.
But I bought the F150 just a few years later.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the community. :smile:

Haha, just kidding about the pic my friend. I'm not a ford guy, but I'll never buy another GM/Obama motors vehicle again. Ever. :smile:

Now that is not even funny, not one bit, but it does go along with my heated tailgate joke. :yum: