• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Harley

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We lost a 18 year family member today. Harley, one of our Blue and Gold macaws passed this afternoon. Sydney, our other macaw, is having a rough go of it. Harley was the fun one, he'd play with anyone. I'm gonna miss his goofy upside down look. Not sure how it happened but I believe it was a play accident.

He was always the top bird!

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showpost.php?p=34343&postcount=53

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Greg, I'm so sorry to hear about Harley.

Jim

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Trust me, I feel your pain Dog. Still miss my Max and his laugh battles with me. Since he passed the other 2 won't do it like we used to when I could get all 3 laughing and carrying on while I was in the bathroom.:sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear Dog. Always a miss them in the family and routine for a while. Will you get another for Sydney to be with?

Regards, Kirk

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw this thread last night but didn't read it, I already knew it wasn't going to be good. Sorry BD, it's tough when we lose our family friends.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss BD.

Isn't 18 a very young age for a macaw to pass?

Yes it is, life expectancy is 75. Harley was 21, Syd is 18 ........

There were no marks on the bird, so it wasn't an outside entity (cat, hawk, etc).. I was on a conference call and the birds were outside in the tree we perch them in. I heard them tussling. After the call I went out to check on them and both birds were on the ground. Syd found her way to a large flower pot to perch. When I went looking for Harley he was on the ground at the base of the tree. My best guess is they fell while tussling and Harley took the brunt of the fall.

Leni

It always hurts to lose a pet. They are members of the family and each one has their own personality.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all ............ I take better care of my pets than I do myself. Hell I tear up when a forum member loses a pet. It's so hard, I woke in the middle of the night thinking of that bird. I don't know how I'd handle it if I wasn't so busy! Syd's changed, she seems a whole lot more passive. I've been spending some extra time with her .......... took her on a tractor ride today.