• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today?
As little as possible.
That son o' mine can talk for hours.
Wonder who he gets that from?
He's been having a lot of emotional issues, health issues, relationship issues.
He told me before he left last night that I am probably the best Mother in the world.
I've always tried to live up to that.
:smile:

That's great! It's wonderful that you are always there for him.

It reminds me of my Mother. She taught us loyalty and to this day, my two brothers, two sisters and I are still very close.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like a lot of work.
You're going to trim the plastic, right?

I have a similar job to do.
I did the same sort of detail around the house as a french drain.
It still works, but has collected dirt over the years.

Part of the new addition will need to use it, so it's time for a redo.
I need me a hard working homeless person for a year or two.

I plan to add more rocks later, the plastic is just covered with the rocks I was able to re use, the plan is the upper area behind the retaining wall and water fall will be extended back another 20' feet or so with plastic and rocks. When I do that I will have to buy more rocks. Then I can add some more to the beds that are lite, then trim the plastic again and border with bigger rocks. And yes its a lot of work.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far I've split a trailer load of wood, cleaned up around the garage, hauled some brush to the back of the property, and did a dump run.

It's heating up outside so the plan for the afternoon is to work on the butt grove in my chair in the living room. We may do a fire outside this evening.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally got the Doboy to run smooth and make packages about 11:00 this morning. So far today, so good. Tonite, I celebrate with a Maclellan' 12 year old single malt.

I got to drive the Crossfire today. First time this year. On the way home tonite, the top goes down

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Don’t do that. You’ll make it rain :bolt:

He did. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

After my run around with Tractor Supply today, as I was driving home I got rained on out of a clear blue sky. I got home just in time to hear the thunder drums start. It's totally clouded over now but so far we've only had a 2 minute sprinkle. It sounds as if there is more to come though.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
He did. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

After my run around with Tractor Supply today, as I was driving home I got rained on out of a clear blue sky. I got home just in time to hear the thunder drums start. It's totally clouded over now but so far we've only had a 2 minute sprinkle. It sounds as if there is more to come though.

When I was in NE Texas in the 80's we had the most violent thunder storms with the ugliest sky I have ever seen, and the roads after a rain the slickest I've driven on too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's sofa king hot outside that I attempted to bbq burgers and steaks for supper. The bbq was on low and everything started burning in 2 minutes over the flames. I had to shut it off.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I found the missing die about 3:00 PM. My son had put it in the security?
electronic monitoring room. Don't ask how I figured it to be there.

When the crew damaged the sealing die they managed to knock the shafts out o phase with each other. Barely noticeable to the untrained eye. But 20 years of field servicing of Doboy Overwrapping lines, I knew how to tell. Experience is a great teacher. But she gives you the test before teaching you the lesson.

It explains why my son and his motley crew of mechanics couldn't get the spare dies to work.

By 5:00 PM I had the machine up, sealing and cutting. 7:00 AM tomorrow, we will hopefully be running. This order is from our main customer and it is hot!

This was the worst Monday I have experienced in a very long time. I'll have a celebratory drink if Tuesday works out well.

When the shit hits the fan the kid is MIA, then the old man has to make it happen. I think its a generational thing. I have some examples of my own Mine sometimes acts like an employee rather than the future business owner. I am quitting in 4 years and he knows nothing about running the business and doesn't seem interested in learning on his own. He can do any of the work that we do but thats just part of it. I think he waiting for me to pay him to learn it. I will be gone and he will still be waiting.

Bannedjoe

It's sofa king hot outside that I attempted to bbq burgers and steaks for supper. The bbq was on low and everything started burning in 2 minutes over the flames. I had to shut it off.

That ain't nuthin'. :)

When it gets hot here, I just place the steaks on plates, put them on the table under the pergola, make a salad, a bada-bing it's dinner time! ;)

If we don't want to eat outside, I just open the door and wave the steaks around on the other side for a minute, two for medium, 3 for well done.
4, and I throw them to the dogs.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Cataract surgery on my second eye went well yesterday. A follow-up visit today.

I'll see if some friends want to have lunch while I'm in the city. Then back home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cataract surgery on my second eye went well yesterday. A follow-up visit today.

I'll see if some friends want to have lunch while I'm in the city. Then back home.

I had both eyes done about three years ago. They replaced the cornea lenses and now I no longer need glasses to drive. However, I do need them to read.
I was nearsighted most of my life but now I am far sighted. I prefer it.

The operation was phenomenal. You are awake the entire process. The results are amazing.

Good luck with yours Lenny!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Any plans to do anything outside today are blown. It's just too hot and humid.

After a morning shower I headed to the garage to cut a piece of deck board to replace one. After installing it, I went up the ladder onto the roof to reinstall a piece of metal flashing that came down in a wind storm a couple months ago. Turns out it's going to be a 2 person job so I'm back inside in the ac. Just a half hour outside and I was drenched in sweat. I may go to the city later to pick up some outdoor lighting for at home and at camp.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Frank. I'm glad yours went well too. I'm glad I chose to have it done. I didn't need glasses to drive before and now my sight is even better. Another good thing is that I'm going to need weaker reading glasses. I was at a diopter of 3.0 and I will probably go down to a 2.5

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy Lenny and Frank,
I had both of mine done about 3 years ago and it was the easiest surgery ever. I formed scar tissue on one lens and had laser treatment. That was even easier!! Just put your chin in a Vblock and hear about 5 clicks and it is done. I can now read a newspaper with no glasses. I started wearing glasses back in 1981. I am 80 so I dont think age has anything to do with the results. Glad it went good for you guys!! Have a goodun!!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
on the last flower bed I'm doing until fall
I pulled a few weeds yesterday if that counts. Lol. Both my wife and I are not gardeners. The pathway to the house from the driveway was already lined with a nice assortment of perennials. There's more at the base of one of the apple trees. Good enough for me. I do enjoy the fresh chives that grow along the path. We just walk out and grab a handful when we want some.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled a few weeds yesterday if that counts. Lol. Both my wife and I are not gardeners. The pathway to the house from the driveway was already lined with a nice assortment of perennials. There's more at the base of one of the apple trees. Good enough for me. I do enjoy the fresh chives that grow along the path. We just walk out and grab a handful when we want some.

Im no gardener either. I procrastinated until I had to do it.( the last couple years I have been pulling a lot of weeds after every rain they get 3 feet high ) The landscaping was here when I bought the house 13 years ago, I freshened it up 10 years ago. This time around I am trying to set it up for easier maintenance with low water usage plants. Last year I did not water anything in the back yard. What survived stays what didn't got replaced with low water use plants. Next year should be easier.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Howdy Lenny and Frank,
I had both of mine done about 3 years ago and it was the easiest surgery ever. I formed scar tissue on one lens and had laser treatment. That was even easier!! Just put your chin in a Vblock and hear about 5 clicks and it is done. I can now read a newspaper with no glasses. I started wearing glasses back in 1981. I am 80 so I dont think age has anything to do with the results. Glad it went good for you guys!! Have a goodun!!!!!!

Thanks Ross.

Bannedjoe

I now dub thee, Hope depot.

I hope they have what I want when I get there.
I hope they have the right size.
I hope I can find an employee if I need help.
I hope they have more than one register open.
I hope I can find a lumber cart without having to scour the parking lot myself.
I hope all the boards aren't twisted and warped.
I hope I don't have to go from one end of the store to the other more than twice.

Today's hot ticket item: Pressure treated 2x6x10.
Not a single one to be found, the entire three levels of bunks, empty.

I ended up having to buy two 12's.

What's a guy gonna do with a couple 2 foot sections of 2x6?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
played with a baby

fixed a couple leaky downspouts

played with a baby

installed a duct booster fan in the attic

played with a baby

rode the motorcycle to CVS to get some medications

played with a baby

water the flowers in the pots around the pool and patio

played with a baby

rode the motorcycle to CVS to buy an infant thermometer, none were in stock, rode to Walgreens and they had several

played with a baby

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a call from the son in Connecticut that his girlfriend had found a "curio" cabinet at a storage place for sale. 20 Miles away and I needed to go pick it up. Had to drive the Crossfire home to get the truck ( opposite direction) and then go get it with her.

I followed her 20 miles in her BMW 650 convertible that I had bought. Me in my 25 year old pickup. When we got there she didn't have the cash so my wife paid for the "curio" cabinet that was actually a full blown china cabinet at about 300 lbs. Afterabout30 minutes in the heat, I had the damn thing secure in the truck bed and we drove back to the company to unload it. No way I'm lugging it up the steps to her apartment.

I got home late but still had time to cable the big spreading YEW bush over my backyard pond. I used five braided wire cables, with big turnbuckles, to lift branches off the water whilst at the same time pulling one big trunk, on the opposite side, off the new fence.

The one bush is over 40 years old. I have transplanted it twice when it was a little ornamental thing. Now 30 feet wide X 15 deep and 10 feet high, it looms over the entire water feature.

Lots of work but it turned out great.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm slightly whooped this morning, but nothing an afternoon nap won't fix.

I was delighted when I walked into work yesterday to find a long lost co-worker had finally returned since the covid crap began.
She was not permitted to work with us for weeks because she also does prn in another facility.
Love this lady.
She's fast, efficient and funny.
Like me. :yum:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I called my doctor and asked how long before I could walk on the treadmill since I had my cataract surgery two days ago. The assistant said ONE WEEK! That's a bummer because the other eye they said a few days. He should have consulted a doctor. I'll wait maybe a day or two before I go to the gym.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our gyms are still closed due to covid. I generally don't work out in the summer though as I'm on the go more often.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My biggest accomplishments today were-
A. Making myself a fabulous dinner.
B. Forcing my son Jeff to let me buy him a new car.
Yup, I did that.
Not brand new, but newer and nicer than what he had.
We bought it privately from the mayor of Payne, Ohio.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops forgot the pictures.
The car.
VW Passat.
Low miles, great car.

The steak, grainy mustard sauce.
Martha Stewart's potato cake.
Steamed green beans lol

received_638925463634362.jpg

received_1197579090582659.jpg

20200618_162618.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's great! It's wonderful that you are always there for him.
I sure was today Lenny.
The car he had before was a piece of crap car his Father sold to him 4 years ago when he and his ex went through their divorce.
One minute he's driving a new Dodge Charger, the next a rusted out Chevy Impala.
He can't get to his new job in a car that's unreliable, so I've been hounding him lately to just let me buy you a damn car.
He agreed, finally.
That's what Mothers do.
:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.