• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took my second oldest boy to the city to bring his laptop in for warranty work. Have I mentioned how much I HATE fn line ups? I detest them. Even before all this pandemic crap started I hated them and refused to stand in them.

After a 3 hour ordeal to bring a laptop in for repairs, I went to camp with a buddy to get his pontoon boat ready to sell tomorrow.

Between the line ups yesterday and this morning, my back is done. I can barely stand.

Oh, we decided to get another golf cart yesterday. One for home. One for camp. The white one is the newer of the two and is staying home. The green one has a speed chip and goes faster. It's now at camp.
bb0034a3ab17454284fabdf59a64faef.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Between the line ups yesterday and this morning, my back is done. I can barely stand.

Oh, we decided to get another golf cart yesterday. One for home. One for camp. The white one is the newer of the two and is staying home. The green one has a speed chip and goes faster. It's now at camp.
bb0034a3ab17454284fabdf59a64faef.jpg

I've learned over the past 6 months or so about that back thing. On Monday I sprayed a lot of the pasture but it seems that I got bounced around a little too much. I had "quiet" days on Tuesday and Wednesday. I may get back to mowing today before the rain rolls in again.

Bannedjoe

Have I mentioned how much I HATE fn line ups? I detest them. Even before all this pandemic crap started I hated them and refused to stand in them.
I'd like to find the asshole that came up with the idea of standing in line.

Attachments

• groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif
    groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 72

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yard work continues. Now that most of the weeds are pulled I am pulling out all of the rocks and old plastic, washing the rocks and replacing the plastic. Got one area this morning stripped out, plastic down and about 1/5 of the rocks done. Just ate lunch now I am going to take a shower and finish the Suzuki, pull it off the trailer and test it. When everything checks out, put it back on the trailer for summer use at the work cabin.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 46

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good.

It took me a few hours to get mobile enough to get out and do yard work. First job was a wheel alignment on the new golf cart followed by hauling down some wooden benches to the fire pit. They were loose and wobbly so after an hour of drilling in screws, both benches are now sturdy.

I did have a nap scheduled for the afternoon but she who must be obeyed had other plans which involved me hooking up the flat deck and going to the city to pick up a couple wooden spools someone was selling.

Home depot is open so I went to pick up a couple 2x4s for a project at camp. Yah right. No line up outside but the lot was full. It was a freaking free for all in there. About 50 people lined up inside waiting to check out. I did a 180 and got out of there without the lumber. I'll go to a smaller lumber store in the morning.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Home depot is open so I went to pick up a couple 2x4s for a project at camp. Yah right. No line up outside but the lot was full. It was a freaking free for all in there. About 50 people lined up inside waiting to check out. I did a 180 and got out of there without the lumber. I'll go to a smaller lumber store in the morning.

I don’t like going to the big box stores during normal times :(

Bannedjoe

I need to go to the HD myself, but just couldn't muster what it would take today.
I need (6) 1x6x8's to finish the trim before the stucco guy gets started.

The last time I went for them, the bunk was empty, save for two twisted boards.
The amount of time to drive there is about an hour.
The time to wait on hold to ask if they have them in stock is almost the same.

Stand in line to get in, stand in line to get to the section you want, stand in line behind 15 people to get in line behind another 15 people at the only open register when there's 18 closed ones.
How many people would actually have to be in any store before all the check stands would open?

Even before this virus, even the simplest of things just seemed to be getting harder and harder to do.
Now shit is almost impossible.

Just fuck.

I could totally go all Lewis Black meets Sam Kinison.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I only worked 10 hours today and got off at 8p.
Only.
All this talk of covid patients being sent to nursing homes is baloney, at least around here.
I have 6 on our rehab unit.
Wrapped things up and came home.
The nurse from Delta stayed to cover til 10.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't mind standing in line.
Got used to standing in queue in England.
It's the normal thing over there.

I was born there and I too was used to standing in line … for just about everything. That's why I hate doing it over here. You want me to stand in line these days it better be moving pretty fast or I'm leaving what I have and walking. My wife calls me a curmudgeon. She could be right.

I did a couple of hours of pasture and brush mowing today. It was about as much as I could handle. The way things are now, it's all backing up work. Not too bad on the back but it's hell on your neck. Tomorrow I'm going to get the yard mowed and then get back to pecking away at the pasture. Rain is supposed to be rolling in so we will see what happens.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tgif..
I'm off today and will be a lazy bum resting up for the long holiday weekend.
I'm doing 3 12s in a row.
Come June, I'm going to make another schedule change.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm at the gym now. Then replace the calories I burned off with a 1000 calorie lunch. We'll see about this afternoon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up and at it this morning. Already made a trip to the city to pick up treated lumber for camp. I was successful today at a smaller lumber yard. In and out in 10 minutes. When I got home, I had all these great plans to head out to camp early and take a drive to go looking for firewood.

Then the lightbulb went off. There are a couple of decent sized balsam trees that came down last summer in a wind storm at the back of the property. So I suited up and headed out with the yard trailer and side by side. After cutting and loading it, I hauled it back to split with the electric splitter and loading it into the truck. I got about 3/4 of the box full. Should be good for a couple months at camp.
c2bffe35d1875fbd7dd22d0897c37f61.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a photo of Ty's woman,Felicia.
Standing down the hill on 424 last night.
Yup, the Maumee isn't behaving itself.
He told me a little while ago that's it's beginning to recede.
0520202040b.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished lunch and getting ready to go mow the yard before the rain comes late afternoon, early evening. It's supposed to rain all week-end so I need to get it done before it gets too high.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked on rocks again today, got about 1/2 way and ran out of rocks. There was a big over grown shrub there that took up 1/3 of the flower bed. I will steal some from the other ones that need to be re done and in the end get what I need to finish delivered. Im putting about 4 hours on it every day working until it starts to heat up outside. Now I am going to shower and then play with the Suzuki.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 80

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
In addition to Lenny's Trump pens, etc...
I got "wined" last evening.
I believe this is a local/Ohio thing.
Some of the gals I know have been doing this, receiving them.
Bag of goodies left on someone's doorstep, knock.. run like hell lol
I've yet to figure out the mystery person.
I suspected my friends Jules or Charlotte.
Neither one.
Anyway.. it's much appreciated.
:smile:

received_177326596964413-1152x1152.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the pool heater fired up.

Pool robot in the pool too.

Also been swapping & cleaning pool filters every couple of hours for the past 2 days. We got so much rain before opening the pool that topsoil from the flower beds washed across the patio and into the swimming pool :smileywac

So basically I've been cleaning muck out of the pool since we opened it. The good news is the water is actually reasonably clear, the dirt/mud/leaf debris pretty much sank to the bottom. So much fun.

Repaired and painted a couple patio planters for the lovely Mrs_Bob. That has been a 3 day project, largely because I want the epoxy to set properly before sanding and painting. But its now done and they are just waiting for their flowers.

A friend of mine built me a custom concrete table, over a painted steel base, that is now sitting next to the pool house. That was a bear to carry and set up, but it's there. Much to the dismay of my back, which is now sore. A muscle relaxer is helping but I don't like the mental fog it cast over me.

I've got chicken marinading in a vacuum sealed bag that will be going into the smoker in about 10 minutes. I've also got pork chops with a brown sugar/maple dry rub on them, those will also go into the smoker but they will cook faster than the chicken to it will be a bit before I put those in.

It was pushing 80 degrees with bright sunshine up until an hour ago. Clouds are moving in, thunderstorms to follow. Oh, and more rain. We don't need any more rain. There is standing water everywhere, the ground is saturated, fields flooded, creeks are overflowing!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went back to Freedom Rock today because it's the 22 annual time Bubba painted the rock and 3 friends who live about 150 miles north of there came down. It's less 50 miles from me. Then we had a late lunch. Good time!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you're on a lucky streak. Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket!
Lol

Good Sunday morning!
Looks like we're going into some major warm weather.
I had to turn on the central air last night.
By the way, the person who "wined" me was our scheduler.
Thanks Roberta!
:smile:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thunderstorms today and tomorrow, then rain the next two days. GRRR!!! That will keep me from going shooting today but I'll go to the gym and then sit around the house pouting about the %@#$ (fucking) rain.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up at dawn's crack at camp. I was mostly packed up so I finished up and closed things down to return home. Got back at 9am. It's looking to be a hot muggy day today.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up yesterday morning and my right ankle hurt so bad that I couldn't walk without a cane. I took a couple of Tylenol, something that I never do, and it helped some. Hobbled around all day. Got up this morning and it was the same old thing. Took more Tylenol. It feels a lot like gout but I've never had gout in my ankles before. It's supposed to rain every day for the next week so I'll have plenty of time to rest up. If it doesn't get better I suppose that I'm going to have to go to the doctor for a shot. That'll be a lot of fun!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Woke up yesterday morning and my right ankle hurt so bad that I couldn't walk without a cane. I took a couple of Tylenol, something that I never do, and it helped some. Hobbled around all day. Got up this morning and it was the same old thing. Took more Tylenol. It feels a lot like gout but I've never had gout in my ankles before. It's supposed to rain every day for the next week so I'll have plenty of time to rest up. If it doesn't get better I suppose that I'm going to have to go to the doctor for a shot. That'll be a lot of fun!

I wonder if the rain/moisture is causing the extra pain. I know it does that to my arthritis. I don't know much about the CBD oil but have you considered that an option? Is CBD oil legal there? It is in a lot of states now.

Status
Not open for further replies.