• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Windows backup utility

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm using it, but it creates a HUGE file, as in almost 4x the size of the data on the computer I'm backing up. What gives? Why is the backup file that much larger than the info I'm backing up?

I haven't done much research, as I figured I'd tap into the vast IT resources of all you computer experts here @ FF.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you backing up to an external device?

Don't click on the option that says "backup everything on this computer". If that's enabled, it grabs your previous backups and such from that same external device.

I click on the "let me choose what to backup" then click on "C:" and "System State".

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
During a brief moment when my IQ jumped up to about 90 or so, I figured that out.

Where do I go to accept my F*cktard of the Year award?:unsure:

Thanks anyway, Brian.:clap: