• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ABC News: Obama not watching/aware of ACORN issues?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think ACORN is in real trouble. Their former lawyer, our current President is not following the stories about them, is not aware of the federal money they have been getting (but not willing to commit to cutting their funding) . . . sounds to me like he is throwing them under the bus and walking away.

Certainly he is aware but is playing the game.

Obama on ACORN: 'Not Something I've Followed Closely' Won't Commit to Cut Federal Funds
September 20, 2009 9:00 AM
Reporting and analysis from ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent and "This Week" Host George Stephanopoulos

It was one of the most popular topics among the questions you submitted to me for my interview with President Obama – the controversy involving ACORN.

While the President said that ACORN "deserves to be investigated" in light of the "inappropriate" video that's gone viral, he did not endorse recent votes in Congress to cut off federal funding for the community group.

Here’s our FULL exchange:

STEPHANOPOULOS: How about the funding for ACORN?

OBAMA: You know, if -- frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Both the Senate and the House have voted to cut it off.

OBAMA: You know, what I know is, is that what I saw on that video was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you're not committing to -- to cut off the federal funding?

OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to.

VIDEO HERE> > > http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/09/obama-on-acorn-not-something-ive-followed-closely.html

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OBAMA: You know, if -- frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

What, was he not their attorney or had some strong ties to ACORN?? Is he not the President of the United States? He should know.

OBAMA: You know, what I know is, is that what I saw on that video was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated.

So does Obama think this is an individual thing?

OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to.

In my opinion the biggest problem this country has right now is wasteful spending by our government and is a serious issue.

murph

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I call Bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows better.

DOES HE REALLY THINK THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS GOING TO BELIEVE THAT SHIT!

The only ones that want to believe that are his liberal slush minds!

mak2

I used to work for UPS but I dont follow them anymore. Seriously, he is running two wars and the economy is in one hell of a mess, hopefully he is too damn busy to mess with ACORN

The only ones who refuse to believe it are the conservatives with minds like steel traps, clamped shut.

mak2

This is the kind of thing another poster was talking about earlier today. I dont mind people differing in opinion. But why the name calling and baseless insults? Just makes for a hostile environment for everyone who is not ultra conservative. Just thought I would mention it.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I used to work for UPS but I dont follow them anymore. Seriously, he is running two wars and the economy is in one hell of a mess, hopefully he is too damn busy to mess with ACORN

Maybe the economy would not be in such bad shape if our government didn't spend money foolishly on things like ACORN. ACORN probably had their day but I have not seen any good out them lately. A program that is no longer working, pull the plug. That is my opinion.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

The only ones who refuse to believe it are the conservatives with minds like steel traps, clamped shut.

This is the kind of thing another poster was talking about earlier today. I dont mind people differing in opinion. But why the name calling and baseless insults? Just makes for a hostile environment for everyone who is not ultra conservative. Just thought I would mention it.

:confused2: :confused2:

I agree with you that it has gotten to be mud slinging around here, but don't fight mud with mud. :poke:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Come on mak2, do you really believe he hasn't heard of the issues with ACORN the last 2 weeks? He seems to know a lot about other trivial matters like racial and rude comments in the media but not about ACORN issues of which he's tied to the hip? ............ good golly ............... :bonk:

You know he gets updates on what FOX is saying about him. If he didn't, he wouldn't refuse to go on their morning show. Seems like he obliged every other network yesterday!

He knows who his supporters are, those gullible enough to believe he didn't know anything about the scandal.

Americans aren't as dumb as he's playing us to be .......... and he's finding that out!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
:confused2: :confused2:I agree with you that it has gotten to be mud slinging around here, but don't fight mud with mud. :poke:
I don't think he even realized he was doing it. But then, you KNOW how all those libs are.:yum::yum::yum:

All in good fun. Slush mind. Steel traps. Heads up asses. Ass wipes. Right wing terrorists.

But hey! Everyone has to be SOMETHING!:clap: As Popeye said; "I yam wut I yam."

mak2

I am sure he gets briefed on a lot of stuff. I really think there has to be a limit of incoming information. I am just saying it is very possible, with everything else he has going on it is indeed possible he doesnt worry about it much. Maybe he is still looking for his birth certificate. :biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well as the former lawyer and a community organizer for the organization, and as he still has ties to the organization via staff and political advisors, I would find it virtually impossible to believe that he doesn't know what the hell is going on. Not that he has intimate knowledge of the inner workings at the offices, but rather that he knows that there is a lot of political heat raining down on ACORN due to the corrupt nature of the organization and I'm sure he also knows that he better distance himself from the organization out of fear that his popularity will collapse at a time when he is spending political capital on an unpopular health care proposal.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Geeze, I use to be in the Coast Guard three Decades ago and I still know what is going on there...

Does he really believe after being on their payroll he doesn't pay attention to what is going on with them?

What was that now famous quote that Senator pointed out during his speach...."THAT IS A LIE"

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
He is dumb like a fox!

"I never had sexual relations with that woman."

"Really, I'll pull it out before that happens."

"I will love you and respect you in the morning."