• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hi from MO

K

kcvet

just got in. im from the KC area. born/raised. I live in a northern suburb. almost in the sticks. married, no kiddies. worked for and retired from Sony Electronics back in 2001. so im a professional dead bead and luv it :biggrin:
4 years in the USN during the Nam war.
lot of forums(forums) and members here :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi there. I'm a member of that yacht club, and we have a couple others. I've been to KC a few times always enjoyed it. Especially the power an light district.
Welcome to FF. Glad you found us.

K

kcvet

Welcome, KC, from another vietnam vet!!
Mike

thanks brother

vietserv.jpg

Leni

Welcome to the nut house. We have a lot of fun here. It's mostly guys but there are a few ladies here also including me. Mom's family is from KC and my sister lives in Blue Springs.

K

kcvet

Welcome to the nut house. We have a lot of fun here. It's mostly guys but there are a few ladies here also including me. Mom's family is from KC and my sister lives in Blue Springs.

how bout that Leni. my sis lives in BS to.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to FF (ForumsForums of course ... but could also stand for Funny Farm, which would fit here as well)! :yum::yum: So,
where were you stationed/what ship did you serve in?

320px-Vietnam_Campaign_Medal.jpg

K

kcvet

Welcome to FF (ForumsForums of course ... but could also stand for Funny Farm, which would fit here as well)! :yum::yum: So,
where were you stationed/what ship did you serve in?

320px-Vietnam_Campaign_Medal.jpg

2ewickj.jpg

USS Vesuvius AE-15. the E stands for explosive. an ammo ship. 4 years active 66-70 and 4 cruises to Westpac. I left an RM2/E5

navsource

you??

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have roots in Independence Mo. Know KC well. Born and raised across the state in the formerly great St Louis area. There are one or two more Missouri mule heads here as well.

Welcome to the best damm Forum around.:wave:

K

kcvet

I have roots in Independence Mo. Know KC well. Born and raised across the state in the formerly great St Louis area. There are one or two more Missouri mule heads here as well.

Welcome to the best damm Forum around.:wave:

I lived in Indep for many years. graduated from WM Chrisman high. went to JR high a block from the Truman home. saw him a lot walking. and his Secret Service guy. I left there in 86 and have lived North of the river ever since.
and this is a really a good forum. thanks

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I lived in Indep for many years. graduated from WM Chrisman high. went to JR high a block from the Truman home. saw him a lot walking. and his Secret Service guy. I left there in 86 and have lived North of the river ever since.
and this is really a good forum. thanks
Grandma and Bess were friends. I met him once. I'm told he patted my head. But I don't remember.

Frankly, I had no idea with whom I was standing. And I understand that our encounter had no effect on him either.

K

kcvet

Grandma and Bess were friends. I met him once. I'm told he patted my head. But I don't remember.

Frankly, I had no idea with whom I was standing. And I understand that our encounter had no effect on him either.

I waved at him several times when he walked by the school. but we never met. he died 2 years after i came back from Nam. to this day Pacifist still call him a mass murderer for dropping the Abombs.

Leni

Like millions more both Allies and Japanese would have died if he hadn't dropped the bomb. Idiots! We are still using the Purple Hearts that were made for the invasion of Japan.

K

kcvet

Like millions more both Allies and Japanese would have died if he hadn't dropped the bomb. Idiots! We are still using the Purple Hearts that were made for the invasion of Japan.

they didn't realize back then Japan was building its own abomb in Korea. and many today don't know it. after all the war was over. so, no need to use them. duh

Leni

Germany was also very close to getting the bomb. Most people do not know that a couple of German fighter pilots got together and designed a long range jet bomber that could have reached New York. We are lucky that the war ended before it could be built.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
2ewickj.jpg

USS Vesuvius AE-15. the E stands for explosive. an ammo ship. 4 years active 66-70 and 4 cruises to Westpac. I left an RM2/E5

navsource

you??
USN '67-'71 serving in USS DURHAM (LKA-114), mostly in and out of Danang and environs. Fun times. (??:unsure:)

USCG '71 thru retirement in '90, all over the place; an icebreaker, a couple of shore stations, a cutter out of Gulfport,
MS (busting druggies, supporting science expeditions, and hip-deep for months in the Cuban Boatlift), finishing here
at the CG Pay Center.

Attachments

• USS_Durham_(LKA-114).jpg
    USS_Durham_(LKA-114).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 183
K

kcvet

USN '67-'71 serving in USS DURHAM (LKA-114), mostly in and out of Danang and environs. Fun times. (??:unsure:)

USCG '71 thru retirement in '90, all over the place; an icebreaker, a couple of shore stations, a cutter out of Gulfport,
MS (busting druggies, supporting science expeditions, and hip-deep for months in the Cuban Boatlift), finishing here
at the CG Pay Center.

I checked the list of ships they added for agent orange exposure but didn't see your ship on there, we all sweated bullets when we found out about this new list. my ship was exposed. we carried barrels of AO in our nr 2 cargo hold. along with nuke weapons. none of us knew about this at that time. not to many years back I found out one of these barrels was punctured by a forklift. the deck crew was called in to clean up the mess. so far we can't find any of them

1917970_1126457055549_8153737_n.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
2ewickj.jpg

navsource

you??
No kidding, you were on an AE. Me too. I was on the USS Butte AE-27 and I was an RM also. Home port in Norfolk VA but made it over to tonkin Gulf, thru the Panama Canal. Got to know Olongopo real well. Was there a few years after you, in 73, right when things were winding down. We still fed ammo to the DD's on the line in nam long after the war was supposed to be over.

I think we were there after agent orange was no longer used. Not sure though.

K

kcvet

No kidding, you were on an AE. Me too. I was on the USS Butte AE-27 and I was an RM also. Home port in Norfolk VA but made it over to tonkin Gulf, thru the Panama Canal. Got to know Olongopo real well. Was there a few years after you, in 73, right when things were winding down. We still fed ammo to the DD's on the line in nam long after the war was supposed to be over.

I think we were there after agent orange was no longer used. Not sure though.

2hzjxwh.jpg

pretty new ship you had. mine was commissioned near the end of WW2 and saw service there, Korea and Nam. decommissioned in 75 we have no idea what they did with her. but i did find yours

6p2pue.jpg

2ecfzab.jpg

she was used for target practice

navsource link

Olongopo ??? oh god. there are women here :brows: we've heard with all the trouble with China over there they may open Subic Bay to the fleet again.