• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big Storm may Extend Season Longer!

nutsster

It's starting to snow hard here in Utah tonight! :thumb: Predictions of up to three feet to hit our mountains. It looks like MtnTopper should get hit hard too.:coolshade
I hope to get some pics that I can look at through the long summer.:letitsnow:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw that storm on the news last night.
Be sure to think of your buddies here and share some of the pics when you can. :thumb:

aksnocat

I continue to be jealous of those of you who are getting snow. Here in the interior of Alaska it's still winter, but we have only just over a foot of snow on the ground. We're a solid 3 feet or so behind the normal snowfall.

Down in southcentral and southeast Alaska they've been getting hammered all the time with snow but we've gotten only about 4 inches since the first of the year.

Send some of that snow to the (middle of) the frozen north, please.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I am finally back!!!!! We now have POWER and PHONE!!!!!! It has been a long 3 days!!!! We had 34in of snow and 60mph winds for 50hrs!!! Needless to say my toys have been workhorses!!! And will be for the next couple of days till the roads open up!! Hauling generators, firewood, propane to neighbors. Hauling round bales of hay on an old Ford pickup hood behind Mighty mouse!!! And doing all this in zero visibility!!!! Now my wife says I have justified ALL of my toys!!!! CASE CLOSED!!!!
1st pic after storm. Tree in second pic is about 20ft from house. I will claim getting one truck stuck??? Okay maybe I got two trucks stuck?? Wed was not a good day!!!

Attachments

• 100_3132.jpg
    100_3132.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_3133.jpg
    100_3133.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_3134.jpg
    100_3134.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_3159.jpg
    100_3159.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 173

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
:letitsnow:

Attachments

• 100_3143.jpg
    100_3143.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_3146.jpg
    100_3146.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_3149.jpg
    100_3149.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_3156.jpg
    100_3156.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 170

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are some more pics from today!!!!:letitsnow: :snow2_smi: :thumb: :applause: :smileywac It still knows ow to snow in WY (when it wants to)!!!!:thumb: The snow settled alot the last two days.... Pics do not do it justice!!!:wave:

Attachments

• 100_3165.jpg
    100_3165.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_3185.jpg
    100_3185.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_3205.jpg
    100_3205.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_3206.jpg
    100_3206.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 154

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Few more!!!:2gunsfiri

Attachments

• 100_3181.jpg
    100_3181.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_3183.jpg
    100_3183.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 146

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sat night All three trucks are now unstuck and my road opened at 6pm tonight!!!!!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
The infamous famous mighty mouse!!! 1985 Raidtrac 1800-30. WTF is that you may say, it is a pretty good little cat!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a couple pics.....

Attachments

• 000_0166[1].jpg
    000_0166[1].jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 000_0182[1].jpg
    000_0182[1].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 151

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Mike, your one pic must be the Wyoming state highway department snow blower opening the highway by your home? They also were in use on I-90 between Sheridan and Buffalo to open the Interstate highway. The Walmart truck had a load of snow on top that was sliding off going down the Interstate at 65 mph. I was hesitant to even try to pass him and get that chunk of snow dropped on our new Jeep. The other pic is the snowblower in the median at Meade Creek interchange. Interstate 90 was closed for about 3 days and the state highway crews had to push snow sideways in many places to get it off the road as the regular snow plows could not move it. The worst stretch of I 90 was at the MT/WY border with snow stacked 10+ foot high along the highway. You could still see cars stuck in the snow banks at the side of the road. Jan took the pics while we were driving at about 65 mph and managed to get the sunvisor in most.:yum: I was anxious to get home and play in the new snow.
P1010011.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010016.JPG

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Winter does not want to give up easy..............:snow2_smi: we are getting hit with a dose this morning 8-10 inches predicted and we were supoosed to go get a cat this morning.........:17875:

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 94

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics guys!!!!!

So, where are you at boggie?

What kind of cat were you going to get? A snowcat or a pussycat? :D

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Good pics guys!!!!!

So, where are you at boggie?

What kind of cat were you going to get? A snowcat or a pussycat? :D

Central,Minnesota We have to go get a new machine thet we built for fire fighting. but it looks like fire season will be delayed for a few days now:snow2_smi: we also have to go get a LMC 1200 that we bought that is in Wi. that will be Thursday most likely................:17875:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
boggie said:
Central,Minnesota We have to go get a new machine thet we built for fire fighting. but it looks like fire season will be delayed for a few days now:snow2_smi: we also have to go get a LMC 1200 that we bought that is in Wi. that will be Thursday most likely................:17875:

Great! I look forward to seeing pics of those.
We are hearing snow predictions for later this week .... but today we are supposed to get up to 80. :pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
63 degress here today. Snowcat season is gone, planting & mowing season is beginning. I actually hobbled out to the workshop on my crutches with a couple guys who wanted to see my Snow Trac. One of the guys has been looking to buy a snowcat and didn't know that anyone else in Indiana was stupid enough own their own snowcat. . . well he found that guy when he found me! But they are predicting 19 degrees and snow flurries for Saturday. No accumulation. Season is still over for us.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
boggie said:
Maybe,:yum: you will have to wait and see.................:wave:
Is it a secret?????????????????????????????????? Ooooooo!!! secret snow cats???????:wave: