• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moab off-roading advice needed

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We heading out west again and want to hit Moab Utah for some off-roading but not sure of the best approach.

We were initially thinking of renting ATV's (one for each person) but so far, the places I've seen say drivers must be 21. My kids are 15 & 19 (both experienced ATV drivers). :(

Now we're into a UTV (4-seater) or a Jeep.

Is it better to take a guided tour or go on your own? Since we're in a Jeep type vehicle, we're restricted to the easier trails (Gemini Bridges, Chicken Corners)

It looks like the Jeep rentals are for 5 hours but Gemini is 2.5 hour trip and Chicken Corners is another 3.5 hours (so you can't do both). Can we pack a lunch and do Gemini at our own pace? Are there places to pull off and just hang out.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can give you an address of a guy that just got back from a trip like that in mexico. they run up the beach and stayed at villages . the had 5 razer's
he sent me several pictures. I think an overland trip is available.
jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks but we already have the trip booked so switching from Moab so Mexico is out.

I think Moab is trail riding as opposed to just zipping around wherever/however you want on dunes.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Change of plans.

Instead of going the several hundred miles east to get to Moab, we're going to loop back and head west and go to California (LA area).

Now looking for ATV places along the I-15 corridor, Red Rock canyon, Mojave or southern Death Valley.