• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

custom flush mount headlites housing needed ASAP???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I am looking for a replacement for my existing headlights on my snowcat . The body holes are 6" diameter . The old ones are not installed in housings at all !!! They are just held in place by the beauty ring on the outside and some wimpy shims on the inside . No adjustment is possible . Does anyone know of a small headlight housing that may work ?? I can go up to 7" outside diameter of the beauty ring . I just don't want to put it back like this and risk a fire !!! I think a CJ5 jeep light housing may work but do not know the outside diameter of the beauty ring .:confused2:
Thanks
Allen

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is there a bevel/pitch in the front of your machine or is it flat (vertical)?

If somewhat tapered, an older VW housing may work. (E.g. item # 27006658153 on e-bay but I just found another for $5. Item 200056532126 ).

A trip to the junkyard with a tape-measure may be in order.

Also consider looking at motorcycle headlight housings. Unlike most post-1970 car housings, many are still round and might be adaptable.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The front is flat . I thought all vw's had a slanted housing as the fenders were slanted :confused2: I'll go look !!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
I thought all vw's had a slanted housing as the fenders were slanted :confused2:
They are. I thought your KT-7 had a little slant as well which is why I first thought of the VW.

Hmmm. Flat front end, round headlights... What's the smallest headlight off an 18-wheeler?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, try some of the emergency vehicle lighting company.

I believe the flush mount lights we used were from Unity in Chicago.

These folks have all kinds of vehicle lights.

Jim

Eric L

Site Supporter
A Jeep CJ trim ring is almost 8.5 inches, the older flat fenders are even bigger. I do have some extra buckets, but shiny trim is in short supply here. trim rings are available aftermarket.

Eric

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Eric L said:
A Jeep CJ trim ring is almost 8.5 inches, the older flat fenders are even bigger. I do have some extra buckets, but shiny trim is in short supply here. trim rings are available aftermarket.

Eric

I'll remeasure tomorrow but I think that is too big .:confused2: Junk yard ,here I come .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can you "borrow" the headlights off the machine in your avatar? Kind of small picture but they "look" like what you need.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Can you "borrow" the headlights off the machine in your avatar? Kind of small picture but they "look" like what you need.
They are exactly the style I need but they are too big in diameter . I measured them yesterday .