• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A bone to pick with big AL

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Dog gone you AL.....the wife saw your post and pics of the house.....and started to chewing on me about finishing up making trim for the living room windows....[rough wood has been in the shop for two years]....and by the way how about her sewing shelf....[wood in the shop] ....also...ok so I go out and pull out my little plainer fire it up and start plaining...just need 9 -8 foot ceeder and then through the shaper and ready to cut and put up....2 boards through and BANG......bearing on the knife cylender locked up andtwisted the shaft off....now none of this would have happened if she hadent read your darn fancy well thought out artical!!!! :whistling: a man would have thought she would feel sory for me and let the whole thing drop.... but noooo she still wants the darn stuf finished......sooo I called grizzly parts...holey shit!!!parts cost more than a new plainer!!! so now I have to go to springfield and pick up a new plainer[and a drum sander while I there] all because of your fine artical!!!!.........Did I mention it sure looks like you are a fine wood butcher....good looking job you have done there AL.....Mom says she wont permit me to take pics of this place until it is FINISHED.....It aint fair I tell ya

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry guys ......:unsure: Then you do not want her to see my latest project . Its a built in dresser system in the master bedroom complete with automatic lighting when the doors open .I started on it today . The "blue Pine" boards are planed and glued up in the shop drying now .Tomorrow I start ripping and tearin!!!!:biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, it is not your fault he left her see your work. I make sure mine does not see that stove cause that is like what she has been wanting for years.

snow dog

Dog gone you AL.....the wife saw your post and pics of the house.....and started to chewing on me about finishing up making trim for the living room windows....[rough wood has been in the shop for two years]....and by the way how about her sewing shelf....[wood in the shop] ....also...ok so I go out and pull out my little plainer fire it up and start plaining...just need 9 -8 foot ceeder and then through the shaper and ready to cut and put up....2 boards through and BANG......bearing on the knife cylender locked up andtwisted the shaft off....now none of this would have happened if she hadent read your darn fancy well thought out artical!!!! :whistling: a man would have thought she would feel sory for me and let the whole thing drop.... but noooo she still wants the darn stuf finished......sooo I called grizzly parts...holey shit!!!parts cost more than a new plainer!!! so now I have to go to springfield and pick up a new plainer[and a drum sander while I there] all because of your fine artical!!!!.........Did I mention it sure looks like you are a fine wood butcher....good looking job you have done there AL.....Mom says she wont permit me to take pics of this place until it is FINISHED.....It aint fair I tell ya

Show her the sticky buns Jev posted and tell " This is what I want "

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Just a joshing AL...she had seen some of it on another post of yours.....and she has a soft spot for pine..actualy I enjoy puttering along on projects....We do out side stuf in the summer and inside in bad weather...we bought the place with a little small house and it has sort of grew as we go along....wasent suposed to it just has. one of these days Ill figure out how to orgnise on this here pooter and Ill put some pics up of our little jorney.
would have been a lot easyer to put in a new house...cheeper to I think but it has been fun! and kind of nice to look at something and think we did it all our self.....

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Show her the sticky buns Jev posted and tell " This is what I want "

I did...they are in the oven right now as we speak....err type... we are going to get up early and head to grizzly tool to pick up some new toys...errr tools. while we are down there might have to look at a new lathe. she is wanting some large platters and my lathe isnt big enough to turn them...HeeHeeHee...its my tail and Im gona stick to it:brows: When we first came down to the lake...was going fishing but not catching much...an old cajin said son....Cat fish are just like wemon.....you give a wemon what she wants and she will give you what you want.....and followed his guide and started catching fish......and it works like a charm here at the house!!!!!she wants large platters .......I get large lathe......she want a large cradle for the grand daughter......I got a new band saw!!!!! Now every time I see the cajein he asks if Im still catchen fish.....I answer YesSir

snow dog

I did...they are in the oven right now as we speak....err type... we are going to get up early and head to grizzly tool to pick up some new toys...errr tools. while we are down there might have to look at a new lathe. she is wanting some large platters and my lathe isnt big enough to turn them...HeeHeeHee...its my tail and Im gona stick to it:brows: When we first came down to the lake...was going fishing but not catching much...an old cajin said son....Cat fish are just like wemon.....you give a wemon what she wants and she will give you what you want.....and followed his guide and started catching fish......and it works like a charm here at the house!!!!!she wants large platters .......I get large lathe......she want a large cradle for the grand daughter......I got a new band saw!!!!! Now every time I see the cajein he asks if Im still catchen fish.....I answer YesSir

it's a game and you have a master's degree !:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, it is not your fault he left her see your work. I make sure mine does not see that stove cause that is like what she has been wanting for years.

Bill ,
Those old stoves are a kick to work on . Getting all the built up grease from 80 years removed is the worst part . I paid $300 bucks for the stove in Reno Nevada . It was suppose to work , but that turned out to be a crock ! There is lots of help avalible on the internet to rebuild them , depending on the brand . I was lucky and mine was very complete except for the spark tubes , which I made myself . It has the newest insulation now installed and the old asbestos has been removed . It works like a dream and I added a few safety devices that were not avalible way back then . The wife also has a built in new wall oven as a second source or back up as needed . I only ended up putting a couple hundred bucks into the rebuild on it .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
thanks, I have three.....The girls gave me a Master Fathers degree, I have a master electricians ticket and the trot line gives me a masterbaters ticket:whistling::w00t2:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter

Snow dog
it is a game ..its called a game of life and love...:smile:mom and I have been married sence 1964....seems like last week to me.....and what ever she wants she is going to get.....if I possably can get it for her...!! she will ask can we build in a pantry?and I will squeel like a stuck hog!!!cant dont have this or that.......or Ill say why should I do that? I aint had any habanero bread in a coons age!!!! She will come back with ......cause I dont have my pantry built yet.....wont be long till Ill smell bread in the oven. and her pantry was built. If it wasent for her..I would not have a use for much of anything.... call it the ramblings of an old man who has had a great life.........

snow dog

Snow dog
it is a game ..its called a game of life and love...:smile:mom and I have been married sence 1964....seems like last week to me.....and what ever she wants she is going to get.....if I possably can get it for her...!! she will ask can we build in a pantry?and I will squeel like a stuck hog!!!cant dont have this or that.......or Ill say why should I do that? I aint had any habanero bread in a coons age!!!! She will come back with ......cause I dont have my pantry built yet.....wont be long till Ill smell bread in the oven. and her pantry was built. If it wasent for her..I would not have a use for much of anything.... call it the ramblings of an old man who has had a great life.........

You have a real treasure,,, Spoil her as much as you can

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
AL...did you ever finish the dresser project? if ya posted pics I havent found them.just wondering. figure I might as well go ahead and let the wife see the work of a good wood butcher!!!!:ermm:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
About two more days . Planing and glueing up all the boards for the side panels takes time . All I have left now to do is build and install the new drawers and it will be finished. I'll post pictures soon .
The wife added one more cabinet to the list yesterday and I should be all done with the old house early next week .
I really want to get down to the Barn apartment and get it finished up . The renters are waiting on me to finish . It should be ready in about two weeks . I do know one thing . The first thing that gets installed is the new heater in the apartment . No more getting cold running back and forth as I work on lumber .:smile:

Last edited:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe Al can help me! I am looking for plans for a staircase bed.... prefer a twin over full... with drawers... similar to this...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Honey-Staircase-Bunk-Twin/dp/B0034A80ZU"]Amazon.com: New Energy Honey Staircase Bunk Bed Twin Over Full: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I have not had any luck finding similar plans... I want to build this with my Dad... Good bonding experience and higher quality than store bought for less money.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe Al can help me! I am looking for plans for a staircase bed.... prefer a twin over full... with drawers... similar to this...

Amazon.com: New Energy Honey Staircase Bunk Bed Twin Over Full: Kitchen & Dining

I have not had any luck finding similar plans... I want to build this with my Dad... Good bonding experience and higher quality than store bought for less money.

Looking at the page ,I see they do have a twin over full pictured . What if you combine a little of both. I like the end entry to the upper berth .

Plans ????? What are plans ???? I never had the luxury of plans on the cabinets in this old place .

Unless it becomes a builtin , you will have to build in in pieces and the bolt together . Otherwise it will never get through the door . Very nice ! I am doing something similar in the little #2 bedroom in the apartment but not as fancy . I am sure there must be some plans out there someplace . I'll keep my eyes open . Seems like i have a design for one in one of my furniture books . I'll take a look today

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 43

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
LOL Yes, Al.. it will have to bolt together. This would be for my daughter and future step daughter. :biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
YIPPEE!!!!! I finally finished the bedroom dresser !!! One more little cabinet in the breezeway and I am done !!!

Doing this sure increased the drawer space in the bedroom and added quite a bit of hanging closet space too . I double poled the closet so she can get twice as many clothes in it .

Attachments

• P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010020.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 25

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at the page ,I see they do have a twin over full pictured . What if you combine a little of both. I like the end entry to the upper berth .

Plans ????? What are plans ???? I never had the luxury of plans on the cabinets in this old place .

Unless it becomes a builtin , you will have to build in in pieces and the bolt together . Otherwise it will never get through the door . Very nice ! I am doing something similar in the little #2 bedroom in the apartment but not as fancy . I am sure there must be some plans out there someplace . I'll keep my eyes open . Seems like i have a design for one in one of my furniture books . I'll take a look today
My son has that kind of bed in his bedroom. Let me warn in advance that the guard rail to keep the kid from rolling out of the upper bunk needs to be bolted in pretty good. Use lag bolts, not screws...

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good there AL!:wow:BUT if my experance is any indication you are not done!!!:biggrin: sorry budy you are just getting started!!!!!! any way thats some good looking work AL. Sit down have a bruski or two relax and get ready to hear.........honey.......do ya think ....maby ...we could add one more over here?????:yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, You may be right ,but it will not be for more cabinets . Theres no place left to build any .:smile: