• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

loboloco

Can they do axle weights for you? You really need to watch your tires are not overloaded. DOT loves to get you for being over the rated weight on the tires even if you are under on GVW.
Any commercial scale can be used to do axle weights. Might take a little math though. CAT scales are always axle, Interstate is usually axle and grain scales can beak it down if you record the weight of each axle as it rolls on, then do the appropriate math.
Yes, do check your tire ratings. CA DOT is nuts anyway. Make sure you have valve stem caps on all your tires too.

Trakternut

Axle weights are a snap to figure. Just be sure your rig sits on the level at all times during weighing so that the trailer neither takes weight from, or throws it onto your truck.
I axled out hundreds of semi trucks on the scale at the grain elevator where I worked. You need to get three weights to figure the whole thing out. If the scale's long enough for the truck, weigh that. First, weigh the front axle of the truck by itself with the rear tires right next to the scale. Pull ahead so the rear axle of the truck and the trailer axles are on the scale. Do the math and see where you're at.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok .... I figure I got about 1500 pounds of packed boxes in the back of the truck . Its a HD250 FORD 4x4 .The 12000 pound equiptment trailer is heavily loaded to the hitch . I figure I may have another 1500 plus pounds of tongue weight from the trailer . Not Good:unsure: ..... I am thinking of putting the big AC compressor on the back to offset the tongue weight .The truck can pull it but I do not want too much tongue wieght . I have both axles braking on the trailer .
I think I may go down and weigh the truck and trailer at the scales to determine tongue wieght .
This is going to be one big ass load !!!!!! I can handle 16, 400 towing with no problem .
Al the toung weight can be figured out with a bathroom scale iforget wht the length of the 2x4 is and the math formula but draw tite should have it on their web site they used to package the instuctions with their hitches don't worry if you packed your scale just borrow your crook neighbors and show him how to give things back. i used like to see a 60 40 weight split on trailers also an equalizer hitch is a must have with a load like that it will take the white knuckle out of the trip besides it can't be that heavy you said a ford could move it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
All I want to do is be safely home in 15 hours . I'll do 55 MPH if I have to .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
go to neighbor borrow his scale and get the formula offf the draw tite web site once you have figured the toung weight toss the scale on top of your trailer and take off give him a taste of his own medicine

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ! I got the trailer leveled out as best as it is going to get . Truck is packed and trailer is packed and tarped . If all goes as planned we will leave on monday or Tuesday for our new home .Sold the bedroom set and the guy hauled it all off but the bed today . He will pick that up on Tuesday after we leave . Got a couple things to store for the daughter and just do a final cleaning inside of a couple rooms .
Man , this has been a bitch from the start . Never Ever AGAIN . I just made my last move .
We have a snow storm coming in and I am looking at a weather window for Tuesday .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Happy New Year

have some Dr. Rum:clap:

Happy new year buddy . No drinking tonight . A little too tired to sip anything stronger than a Dr. Pepper .

When I arrive at the ranch , I plan to sit on the covered deck with my feet up on the fire pit and make a toast to my new home , that first evening .

After that it will be a hell of a lot of unpacking , sorting out stuff , setting up my new shop and building a new wall of built in cabinets in the living room for the new 55" LCD .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Fickin great ! Its snowing :sad::sad:
This may set us back a couple days . Suppose to go all day . New owners friend was suppose to come tomorrow and start laying the new tile floor downstairs . I doubt that is going to happen now . I have/had about 2 hours worth of work outside to do ,to be completely done .:sad:

:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

snow dog

Fickin great ! Its snowing :sad::sad:
This may set us back a couple days . Suppose to go all day . New owners friend was suppose to come tomorrow and start laying the new tile floor downstairs . I doubt that is going to happen now . I have/had about 2 hours worth of work outside to do ,to be completely done .:sad:

:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

How about that It's snowing here too:clap:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Al you are going to be plum wore out by the time you get moved to Idaho!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al you are going to be plum wore out by the time you get moved to Idaho!!!

That very well may be the understatement of the year .

Everything hurts . My leg is swollen up like a pregant pup . Hurts like a SOB from the ankle to the knee cap . Lower Back is swollen and a mess and both the wife and I look like we have not slept in weeks , But I ain't complainin !!!!!:w00t2::w00t2:Its all worth it to get moved .

I will head to the dump in the morning to drop off the last of the cardboard boxes, empty paint cans and a couple big bags of trash . Then I will load the little Nissan bed trash trailer with lawnmowers , weedeaters , blowers, hand tools and a 5 horse 220V air compressor , tarp and park it around the back of the shop , until I can come down and pick it up in the spring time . Everything else is pretty much done .

Computer will come down on Monday .

I need to take the KT3 loaded trailer on a little test drive Monday to make sure the tires clear the deck floor enough and thats it ! That will come up later also .

As long as I can get over I-80 Donner Summit on Tuesday morning we are on the road !!

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Well Al if I dont see......ugh....read you before then be careful....easy dose it!!! the wife just read over my sholder and said that I was a fine one to say to be careful!~!!! Later Jerry

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok Guys & Gals .
I'm ready . I have checked the weather and Tuesday looks to be really good for hitting the road .
I packed away the other stuff to come up when the weather turns better .
Not too much left to do now but cancel the phone, internet, Power , P.O. Box , propane and house ins .

I got a chance to sit down and think about this whole thing tonight ...

. I been wanting this move for damn near 30 years . One ex wife would not trust me enough to leave ,,, and now with my new wife of 20 years I am finally able to make the jump . Getting my feet firmly planted on the ground and making a good living took up the last 20 years .

I guess come Tuesday Morning, I get to start a new adventure in my life . Hand in Hand , my wife and I will do this together . Its been over 53 years that I have called this place my home . I have raised my kids here and buried my folks here too . The county just grew too much and I did not make the change with it . I feel like I am headed home .

Daughter came over and kissed me goodby and I hope to see my son tomorrow , before we leave .

I am leaving the old place in good hands . The new owners have already started remodeling the kitchen and one of the bedrooms . The old Gopher, in my lawn , that has driven me nuts for 10 years is in big trouble . The new owner is already buying traps .... The remake of "Caddy shack II" is about to begin ???????:unsure: .

No more fighting with the Road Association to get anything done . I own the road now to the new place in Idaho . No more $200 power bills . The average is $45 . No more $500 for car tags in California :doh:. My 2006 Ford 4x4 ran $96 in Idaho :smile:.
Yeap , I guess I been ready for this move for longer than I thought :shifty:.

So thats it !.....

This has been my story on Fixing the "old place" up to sell.

Yes, there was a lot of pain getting it done . Looking back , I can now see it was worth it .

Somehow I think life just got a little bit simpler .

snow dog

Have a safe trip and we look forward to hearing of your adventures in Idaho.
I know those feeling all to well

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck AL May God ride with you and your wife on your trip. Be safe old man. Later:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Have a safe trip Buddy! You are on the way to a new life. We are enjoying ours without all the mayhem just fine.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Home at last .....Dead tired ! May be a few days before I get back on . This dail up sucks.
Allen

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Have had Hughes, and wildblue, wildblue is better. For us anyway...the service is a whole lot better. Later Jerry

Cali2Idaho

Glad you made it "home"OK. :clap:
I agree calis bullshit fees suck and they keep wanting more and more.
My 03 Dodge registration went up 100 bucks last year- for what?

Im in a similar boat. Homeowners association- never again.

There was so many replies on this topic i wasnt able to read them all.
How were you able to sell your place in this crappy market?

I wish i could get out of here and get to the panhandle sooner than i planned but i doubt it. Im a few years away still.:sad:

Good luck with your new old place.

snow dog

Al,

Wildblue satelite services are available thru Dish network. If you want to combine services with one vendor.

We have DSL which is bundled with telephone service, package includes free long distance.

Maybe everyone can help you get better service than dial up ?

Snow on the weekend