• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dishwasher complaining

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
one of my dishwashers stopped working and the other one was complaining that it was time for a new one:wow:are they getting pricey:shock: i admit that the last one i bought was a scratch and dent special that came out of a remodel of a remodel and cost me a couple hundred bucks but it has been a long time since i have looked at a new one, i hope this one lasts for a long time.

we got a Kitchenaid model# KUDS30FXSS3---- http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/p...E_SESSION_ID=351f431cc0a850ad73b8f96c68b6ea63
$723+ tax :hammer:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sucker. You must like one of your dishwashers. When our last one went tits up I got the cheaper version of the same dishwasher. I only have one dishwasher - the other kitchen unit just sticks anything and everything in the dishwasher and thinks it is also a garbage disposal. I'm not spending money on anything that is going to get trashed in 5 years. ;)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
one of my dishwashers stopped working and the other one was complaining that it was time for a new one

You should have re-introduced her to Joy.. the kitchen sink, a dish cloth and a scrubby brush.
Some women like doing dishes.

I do.. especially since all it consists of normally is the bare minimum of cooking utensils.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sucker. You must like one of your dishwashers. When our last one went tits up I got the cheaper version of the same dishwasher. I only have one dishwasher - the other kitchen unit just sticks anything and everything in the dishwasher and thinks it is also a garbage disposal. I'm not spending money on anything that is going to get trashed in 5 years. ;)
she cooks the food ,she shops for the food,she get a new dishwasher,i think I'm gettin off easy.
You should have re-introduced her to Joy.. the kitchen sink, a dish cloth and a scrubby brush.
Some women like doing dishes.

I do.. especially since all it consists of normally is the bare minimum of cooking utensils.
with all my little angel does for me and the family she barely has any free time,it gives her more time for relaxation(and she hates doing dishes ) :biggrin:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I've had success with Maytags. The key is to get the 3 tiered spinners and to rinse your friggin dishes before you put 'em in the dern thing. And clear rinse helps if y'all have hard water.:wink:

And holy poop, get the ones wrapped with a buncha insulation. They're whisper quiet.

Lia

Banned
I honestly believe that dishwashers are over-rated. Truly I do. I have one but I prefer to wash the dishes myself. I know you'll all think I'm silly, but I honestly believe its quicker. And besides, as jpr says, you have to rinse everything before it goes into the dishwasher, so what's the point of using up all that electricity, or waiting around to take it all out again and put it all away?

The stacking, and then taking it all out again after; washing once again those dishes that haven't come as clean as one would like, and then having to put it all away in the relevant drawers and cupboards; what time is one really saving? To me they are a complete waste of time and money.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I honestly believe that dishwashers are over-rated. Truly I do. I have one but I prefer to wash the dishes myself. I know you'll all think I'm silly, but I honestly believe its quicker.
Ditto, I never understood why anyone wanted or needed a dishwasher.:unsure:

When I was growing up I allways made it a point to wash and dry the dishes for my mom and she would put them away, it seemed she spent her life cooking as my dad did working so it only seemed the right thing to do to help out. I actually enjoyed doing it and have done it ever since. I also do my own laundry as I dont think thats something my wife should have or be expected to do. :biggrin:

I am a bit of a clean freak though and can't stand to see something sitting around dirty in the kitchen anymore then in my shop. If I use a wrench or screwdriver I clean it and put it right back in its place. Just makes sense to me. :smile:

I also despise dirty ashtrays, and I smoke like a freight train. You also wont find a cigarette or ceegar butt on the ground anywhere on our property either. :hammer:

Oh yea , sucks for you AA , good luck with your dishwashers. Life really could be simpler. :wink:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What's a dishwasher? I haven't seen one of those since about 1996 I think. I do all the cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, vacuuming sweeping and mopping....well, everything. And when I was still with the EX (hence EX), I still did about 90% of it. And she would make about 90% of the mess. Ah well, some women are just like that I guess. Filthy slobs looking for nothing more than a golden pocket and a live in nanny.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I wash the dishes when they don't suit my clean standards. I also dump in some vinegar to offset our hard water and the residue it leaves behind. I just finished scrubbing the stove from canning peaches and and it was a mess. Wife won't let me use anything but baking soda and soft scrub as she is worried about scratching the top. Did find a spot of bad paint while scrubbing it. Will have to call for a replacement panel.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
tip....

if the dishwaser plays up either buy her a bunch of flowers or slap the bitch:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

only Rusty would take this advice.:whistling:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
well i installed it and wife is happy,now on to painting the eves and fixing some rotten wood.:hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. I would have done the same thing. We will not be without a dishwasher. We have had great luck with Maytags.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you know why women have smaller feet than men?

So they can stand closer to the sink while washing dishes.
icon7.gif

Bob

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We've replaced the stove and fridge with black appliances, and that useless POS called a dishwasher (white Maytag) sits there and only gets used when we have a crowd for dinner and DW insists on using it. I bought new glasses and refuse to let them go in that POS because no matter what we put in that box, the glasses come out with a permanent fog, as do all the dishes. Don't bother with advice because we've tried EVERYTHING, and I refuse to buy a new one because I prefer to hand all the dishes so I can insure they are squeaky clean, and I'm convinced a new one will do the same piss poor job, not to mention cost a hell of a lot of money. Call me anal, but in my house you'll never eat off of a dirty dish or drink from a glass with residue fused to it from the dishwasher. IMO, hand washing is faster and more cost effective, especially when it's only two people eating. Rant over...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you know why women have smaller feet than men?

So they can stand closer to the sink while washing dishes.
icon7.gif

Bob
hissssssssss booo!
(that was funny):smile:

Yeah Joe.. in all the years that I was married, we did have dishwashers.
Only used them as you said- during holidays or when there had been a crowd for dinner.
There would be no point in my having one now.
I like to wash dishes, because I know how clean they're going to be.