• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

White M-2 Halftrack

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 416
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 411
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 413

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
A half track tow truck.

For when you're really good and god dammed stuck!

And I have been before. Wish someone was around with one of those a couple of times.

Anyone know if rubber tracks are stock?

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
When I was a little kid in cub scouts we followed one of those in a parade, and I remember that the rubber tracks made skid marks as he turned corners.

I've also read that they were intended for primarily street and highway use and would run 40, maybe 50 mph.

Germany invaded its neighbors to start WWII by running stuff like this down the highways deep into those neighboring countries before they knew what hit them. I think the US halftrack was designed for that type of war strategy.

The relatives of a friend had one of these on a ranch up in Sierra Valley, a high snowfall area up in the Sierras. I always wanted to see it run, but it stayed parked in the summer when I was a guest there.

The hood and grille on this one look like replacements and may be a half ton lighter than the original steel. The grille should be wavy, heavy steel louvers.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
ive had some experiance with the german design built in chekoslavaka the physics are better they have more track on the ground and can actualy brake steer but track nd suspension was over engeneered and prone to failures drivers position was similar to the abram's tank the steering akle only gave high speed control and supported little weight un like the US model