• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new old truck

Moorbagger

Hello,

I bought a new old truck from the german army.
It is a MAN 630 L2AE multifull diesel, year of manufactur 1958.

I should like to transport my ST 4 :tongue:

a fotomontage:

greetings robert

Attachments

• 1071156.jpg
    1071156.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 635

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW! I love it. Very cool truck, especially with a snow-trac in the back. :D

Rep points for you!!!!!! :thumb:

Moorbagger

Hi,

the restore of the truck are finished :biggrin:
the truck was in duty on a german military base in the bavarian alps. in the year 1974 the truck was transportet with a helicopter in a altitude from 1800m.
from this location are going no roads back to the valley.
the transport back with a helicopter costs too much... so some friends and I bring the truck in parts and bring him with a ropeway down into the valley.

and now... when no snow in my area I can drive to the snow :biggrin::biggrin:

greetings robert

some picture:

1512810.jpg

1512811.jpg

1512812.jpg

1512813.jpg

1512814.jpg

1512816.jpg

1512818.jpg

Attachments

• MAN 054.jpg
    MAN 054.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 559

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good pics. What an awesome set up you've got there. :thumb: Yep, you'll have no problem going to the snow this year. :D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome truck!! I've been looking at similar trucks to use at some remote property I have. The problem I have seen is that they either seem like total junk or seem extremely expensive. But, that's probably just a reflection of their true values. Anyway, nice truck!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I bet it was a bit scarey driving that snowtrac up those ramps. I have driven mine up into my Norsebox (and that has a full ramp for horses in the past) and that was not nice. I needed a very large Scotch whisky afterwards. Snowtracs have a nasty habit of bouncing about on ramps and that last bit, transfering weight onto the flat surface .............yuk - seesaws!! Rather you than me. Complements on your vehicles though.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Moorbagger,
What a beautiful Truck! You couldnt ask for a better Snow Trac tow vehicle! Absolutely beautiful. What a great idea you had.