• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Delivery services (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL)...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who do you like or don't?

I do a pretty decent amount of orders that require delivery (basically, I'm an Amazon shopper).

I find the delivery service varies significantly.

I give UPS 5-stars. My driver is awesome. Knows my name and calls me by it. Knows my dog and gives her treats. Spends the extra minute to make sure the delivery is right and/or hand deliver and talk with me about whatever.

USPS - Royally sucked until I got a new driver last year. Previous driver would throw the packages out her window. New driver is much better. 3.5 stars.

FedEx - Doesn't deliver much as I believe most packages are transferred to different carriers. Nice guy but has a crap route since he actually has to come from another State to deliver to me. 2.5 stars.

DHL or other international carriers. 1.5 stars. Yea, you may eventually get your package...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would give 5 stars to UPS, USPS and Fed Ex for my deliveries. They all do a great job, if we are not home they take care and put the package in a safe place.
We know our USPS driver best. He is a rural route mail deliverer. He drives his own car, which seems weird. A lot of our packages get to the Fed Ex or UPS hub and from their they hand off to the post office, so our USPS guy delivers them.

UPS is also very dependable and takes good care of our packages. USPS and UPS deliver 95% of our packages. Fed Ex fills out the other 5%. They also do a good job, I just do not see them as often.

I haven't seen a DHL truck in years.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
5 Stars to UPS & USPS. 0 Stars to FEDEX. FEDEX sucks royally and made me drive 100 miles round trip to pick a package my wife ordered from Amazon because those worthless bastards could not be bothered to deliver it.

Never use DHL that I can recall.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Who do you like or don't?

I do a pretty decent amount of orders that require delivery (basically, I'm an Amazon shopper).

I find the delivery service varies significantly.

I give UPS 5-stars. My driver is awesome. Knows my name and calls me by it. Knows my dog and gives her treats. Spends the extra minute to make sure the delivery is right and/or hand deliver and talk with me about whatever.

USPS - Royally sucked until I got a new driver last year. Previous driver would throw the packages out her window. New driver is much better. 3.5 stars.

FedEx - Doesn't deliver much as I believe most packages are transferred to different carriers. Nice guy but has a crap route since he actually has to come from another State to deliver to me. 2.5 stars.

DHL or other international carriers. 1.5 stars. Yea, you may eventually get your package...
UI score them about the same as you. But I'll add this,,,,;The Fedx Drivers and most mail persons are generally rude at worst, impolite at best. It is as though servicing the customer is an annoyance to their very important day.

And God forbid you don't have the right paperwork, codes and/or service. Air and ground are different people. Both are annoyed if you have the wrong one.

UPS guys, and the company, seem more interested in providing a full and friendly service. He shows up when called. the day you called , and takes whatever you have on the same truck.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
UPS 5* FedEx 0*
UPS guy is always the same and knows my crazy driveway well. I only had to tell him once to put my packages in one of my cars if he can't get to my house. And at most I have had to wait two days for a snow delay.

FedEx sends a different driver every time. I have waited over a month for packages because it snowed in Colorado in the winter. When I call they say "the truck you saw in your neighborhood is express and your package is ground and keep waiting " I have put "put package in yellow truck" as my business name and they still don't. My favorite is when they waddle down my hill thru 5 feet of and knock on my door. So worthless it's unbelievable.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I buy a lot of my cat food online and they use FEDEX. They told me that FEDEX doesn't do home delivery on Mondays.
What kind of company does that? Sundays yes but Mondays? So I don't like them for that reason.
Cats want their food quick!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My area fedex delivers weekends. I had many items set just a town away over the weekend with ups.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My findings are similar to BC's.

Although I generally hate the USPS in my area. Crappy service and in-grained "union" attitude. I live on a rural route with a small community mailbox. If I get a big package delivered that clearly won't fit in the parcel box they "claim" they still take the package out in the truck and "attempt" to deliver it. So if I get the slip to pick up the parcel I have to wait until the next day to get the parcel because it is "still" out on the delivery truck.

Not to mention they have crappy hours that means if you work a regular work week you can only pickup parcels on Saturday afternoon or you have to take time off from work.

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If they closed down the USPS it would make me almost as happy as if the UN was shuttered.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My experience with delivery services is about the same as others here.

USPS is good at delivering junk mail but pretty much useless at delivering parcels. You get a postcard in the mail box and have to go to the Post Office to pick it up. We've had the same delivery lady since we've been here but most of the deliveries are handled by everchanging subcontractors.

Fedex, very seldom see them around here.

UPS is pretty good. We have 3 different people who make deliveries and it's been the same three people for 20 years. We're on first name terms and they know which fork in the driveway is best to use to get to the house and don't honk their horn when they get there, it drives the dogs crazy. If nobody is home they stick a note on the door and know the "safe place" to leave the delivery. All-in-all, UPS is by far the best option.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
On a scale of 0-10, UPS gets a "9", FedEx an "8", and the rest get lumped together as a "5" (at best).