• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another very cool old Tucker

jask

This one can be yours for 6500$...
00606_7BItDzwqa2_600x450.jpg

http://reno.craigslist.org/for/4380716534.html

Attachments

• 00y0y_fSZQRrgjIH0_600x450.jpg
    00y0y_fSZQRrgjIH0_600x450.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 668
  • 00o0o_kamNqiT9q4Z_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_kamNqiT9q4Z_600x450.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 664

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is one slick 1949 Tucker!!!

Too bad about the cat infestation. Bet my Akita could fix that for them!
Up for sale is a 49 tucker snowcat runs great ready for work or play. 6 cyl flathead motor 3 speed trans

Attachments

• 00t0t_fkhPcoVacos_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_fkhPcoVacos_600x450.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 662
  • 00m0m_8BnTWqo0h2V_600x450.jpg
    00m0m_8BnTWqo0h2V_600x450.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 666
  • 01313_dj0H5NXcvTX_600x450.jpg
    01313_dj0H5NXcvTX_600x450.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 664

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I probably have about a 1/2 dozen of those cab heaters like the one in the right corner of the cab, as well as a dealer service manual on the heaters.

They're in pretty good condition for being about 70 years old.

They came with the huge barn of vintage car parts I bought from a friend's Dad's estate.

Tom

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 642

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Curious as to how the heater works and what is it's power source/fuel? Is it self contained? Any idea on BTU? Thanks!!

God bless,
Tony

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Curious as to how the heater works and what is it's power source/fuel? Is it self contained? Any idea on BTU? Thanks!!

God bless,
Tony

I'll have to get the manual out & read up on them.

They may be gasoline fired.

There was a barn full of parts from the 1920's to the 80's.

My friends dad had 11 street rods & old trucks when he passed & bought spares for them for years.

Any one need NOS front fenders for a '46-48 ford ? I got 'em !

Brand new bias ply tires from 1970 with the stickers still on.

Stuff I have no idea what it is.

Tom

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I probably have about a 1/2 dozen of those cab heaters like the one in the right corner of the cab, as well as a dealer service manual on the heaters.

They're in pretty good condition for being about 70 years old. . .
I'll have to get the manual out & read up on them.

They may be gasoline fired.

There was a barn full of parts from the 1920's to the 80's.

. . .
Tom, any chance you can scan the manual and take some good photos of one of those heaters and post it all here on the ForumsForums for all to see? It would be great to have that information in the Snowcat ARTICLES & BROCHURES Forum Area. You could start a thread called something like: "TUCKER CABIN HEATER Manual & Photos"

As a side note, since you have 5 or 6 of them, your efforts might help you sell them to folks who, after reading up on them, might find them useful in their snowcats.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Tom, any chance you can scan the manual and take some good photos of one of those heaters and post it all here on the ForumsForums for all to see? It would be great to have that information in the Snowcat ARTICLES & BROCHURES Forum Area. You could start a thread called something like: "TUCKER CABIN HEATER Manual & Photos"

As a side note, since you have 5 or 6 of them, your efforts might help you sell them to folks who, after reading up on them, might find them useful in their snowcats.

Bob........I'll dig out the book & check the heater inventory on Monday. They're stored in one of my van trailers at the shop.

(Doc,Zoomer & Big Dog can vouch for my inventory of storage trailers I have out back & they're all pretty much full.)

I know I've had several old car guys try to buy the manual from me, but since I have the heaters, I thought I'd keep everything together.

Thx

Tom

marchplumber

Site Supporter
That would be great! Always lookin to learn!
God bless,
Tony
PS............amazing how much stuff ya can fit in a 48' semi trailer! =)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey, thought you might like to know, just bought two more torpedos, the '49 was feeling a little lonely, and i just do not have enough to do!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
here are some photos after a little work, plan to keep it as a preservation piece in original condition, serviced the pontoons and tracks, only had to replace a 7 rollers, otherwise they were in very good shape and work smoothly now, the tucker runs very nice with strong oil pressure, overall a great machine.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 261