• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My fitness center is a 39" Oak stump in the back yard. Left from the big Pin Oak we had to bring down last fall. I have five stacks of limbs cut at 14" to 16" I need to split. Each stack measures 4 feet high by 8 feet long.

That sucker was massive.

This week end will be up near 60F. The Owl sculpture is done and must be moved from the front yard up to the house. At 8 feet high and 39 " at the base, it weighs about 800 lbs. I still haven't yet figured how I'm gonna do it.

However, the sawdust surrounds the work in a 10 foot circle and is about 6 inches deep on the lawn and decking. I have to clear that up. The eight foot by eight foot temporary deck needs to be removed as well. I may build a 3/4"plywood deck ramp and use a pallet jack to lift and move it up the hill.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My fitness center is a 39" Oak stump in the back yard. Left from the big Pin Oak we had to bring down last fall. I have five stacks of limbs cut at 14" to 16" I need to split. Each stack measures 4 feet high by 8 feet long.

That sucker was massive.

This week end will be up near 60F. The Owl sculpture is done and must be moved from the front yard up to the house. At 8 feet high and 39 " at the base, it weighs about 800 lbs. I still haven't yet figured how I'm gonna do it.

However, the sawdust surrounds the work in a 10 foot circle and is about 6 inches deep on the lawn and decking. I have to clear that up. The eight foot by eight foot temporary deck needs to be removed as well. I may build a 3/4"plywood deck ramp and use a pallet jack to lift and move it up the hill.

With all the stuff that you do I don't know how you can get bye without a tractor and front end loader.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Moved snow that drifted into the driveway after last nights high winds. Moved some firewood into the wood room. Spent over an hour on hold with the USPS over a lost package.

I then took a nap for over an hour. Didn't enjoy the USPS part of the day very much, but who would? :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
With all the stuff that you do I don't know how you can get bye without a tractor and front end loader.

Actually,I own one. A Ford 8N with an excellent bucket front loader. It currently resides in Dayville CT. I also own a 560 Case Bull dozer that sits on my ranch in Ava MO. And you are right, either would be handy in St Peter's MO right now. I live on a 1/3 acre city lot and the HOA won't let me park the tractor there. Even when I was using it to work on the community park in the subdivision.

Let me add, I own two forklifts neither of which could travel over the grass to move the artwork. Both are 13 miles from my house.

Perhaps this post should be in the "Doing it wrong" thread.

All that said, if those little Egyptians could build the Pyramids and the Sphynx, I can move 800 lbs of oak 20 feet.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually,I own one. A Ford 8N with an excellent bucket front loader. It currently resides in Dayville CT. I also own a 560 Case Bull dozer that sits on my ranch in Ava MO. And you are right, either would be handy in St Peter's MO right now. I live on a 1/3 acre city lot and the HOA won't let me park the tractor there. Even when I was using it to work on the community park in the subdivision.

Let me add, I own two forklifts neither of which could travel over the grass to move the artwork. Both are 13 miles from my house.

Perhaps this post should be in the "Doing it wrong" thread.

All that said, if those little Egyptians could build the Pyramids and the Sphynx, I can move 800 lbs of oak 20 feet.

LOL

I know exactly what you mean. We have a farm about 6 miles away from the house and it doesn't matter which one I'm working at, the best piece of equipment for the job that I'm doing is always at the other place. It's frustrating as hell. You either make do with what you have on hand or spend half a day hitching up trailers, loading and transporting equipment, etc.

I hate to point out that you are only one little Egyptian and they were a mob of thousands. :smile::smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL

I know exactly what you mean. We have a farm about 6 miles away from the house and it doesn't matter which one I'm working at, the best piece of equipment for the job that I'm doing is always at the other place. It's frustrating as hell. You either make do with what you have on hand or spend half a day hitching up trailers, loading and transporting equipment, etc.

I hate to point out that you are only one little Egyptian and they were a mob of thousands. :smile::smile:

Yeah, but I gots me a college educatun. That makes me eggstra spechil.

Besides, I'm only 72.

I should have taken a video of three guys and two gals lifting the 12 foot log vertical. Pulleys, ropes, and hutzpah. But, I was one of the guys.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
4 hrs sleep last night. I barely moved half the day so I'd have enough energy and strength to go play the 5pm service. It was great. The first time in a few months when the whole band was there. Plus, we had a former band member who moved away two years ago back to join us. And as it finally warmed up a bit we had a good crowd out.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been playing Scrabble for the last couple hours with 2 Hispanics and 1 Puerto Rican.
They speak Spanish the entire time, then argue over the correct spelling of "oyster".
That's where I come in.
:yum:
It's been a good day.
Stuffed my face with pizza and wings too.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning lazily getting ready for a friend's funeral this afternoon.

Went to the visitation, memorial service and the graveside service. He was a pilot and formation flyer among other things. During the graveside service his friends flew "the missing man formation" over the graveyard in their Bonanzas. Let's just say that was poignant. I know that I had a tear in my eye. Then back to his hanger for food and drinks.

As funerals go this one wasn't too bad. It was more a celebration of his long life. We still came home feeling a little depressed though. He left a hole in a lot of people's lives.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to mass this morning, then out for breakfast after.
The rest of the day will take it's own course.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be blowing leaves and pine needles off the decks, walkways and driveway this afternoon. That should take me up to the Super Bowl. I'm not terribly interested but it is the Super Bowl. Besides it's a great excuse to drink a few beers and pig out on "nibbles". My wife is in the kitchen at this moment prepping stuff. Jeez, I didn't know that she had invited half the town over, especially with the house torn up the way it is right now. That's a lot of food but I'll give it my best shot.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot today. I skipped church this morning as it's the annual vestry meeting today. I had no interest in getting involved with the politics there. We've gone from an extreme cold warning to a snowfall warning. So I went out to shovel the roof of the truck camper. It was sitting with close to 2 feet of snow on it in the backyard.

Oh, what's the superbowl? Couldn't care less. Just a bunch of overpaid black guys beating each other up over a ball.

Canadian eh!!!

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, what's the superbowl? Couldn't care less. Just a bunch of overpaid black guys beating each other up over a ball.

Canadian eh!!!

:thumb:

Funny_1549211196172.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Canadian eh!!!

About the same as I feel about a bunch of overpaid white guys freezing their asses off, beating each other up with CLUBS while whacking the shit out a little, hard, black rubber thingy that never hurt anybody. It's all in your perspective. They just need to give Stanley back his cup and save themselves a lot of effort … and bruises … and teeth. :yum::yum::bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok so I did watch Gladys Knight do a great job with our national anthem.
There was a shot of our troops watching from someplace, the crowd roared with applause.
Then the Thunderbirds flew over.
Didn't see any kneeling.:thumbup:

I'll check back for the half time show :yum:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Probably gonna de-salt the vehicles this morning ,being as it’ll get into the mid- fifties ,and sunny . Just gotta get some motivation . . .06E0E95D-E1D7-4D46-AAA2-3AC72B7417CD.jpeg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I really didn't care who won. I was leaning towards the Rams but only by a degree or two. I quite enjoyed the game. Defensive battles are a rarity in today's NFL. It was semi-exiting waiting to see who would actually complete a pass. Only kidding. I totally skipped the half-time show. I ate a lot and didn't drink too much. Define "too Much"? I had three beers.

All in all, it wasn't too memorable.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been on the phone with numero uno son who is sick as a dog, running a high temp (102)
and at the same time waiting for word of birth of a grandbird.
Ariel is pacing in her cage with a bulging butt about to lay an egg.
My life, you can't make it up.
:yum:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I really didn't care who won. I was leaning towards the Rams but only by a degree or two. I quite enjoyed the game. Defensive battles are a rarity in today's NFL. It was semi-exiting waiting to see who would actually complete a pass. Only kidding. I totally skipped the half-time show. I ate a lot and didn't drink too much. Define "too Much"? I had three beers.

All in all, it wasn't too memorable.

I don't have much interest in football. It was a political thing with me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good night at work.
Superman spent the night in the hospital on drips with a nasty case of influenza B.
He is to be discharged today.
Whew!
I was very worried about him.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't get done what I wanted to do yesterday which was piddle around outside and start clearing up after winter. It was a really nice day. Instead my wife asked me to move the old washer and drier out of the house. The were the under the counter type that we installed 22 years ago and they haven't been used since I built her the laundry room about 5 years ago. Got it done but by the time I was finished and got everything tidied up, the work day was about over. In the grand scheme of things they are going to be replaced by two under the counter refrigerators. Don't ask!!!! I'm trying to stay as far away from this renovation as possible.

Today is overcast, damp and drizzly. I think it is a piddling on the internet kind of day. I may go out to the shop later and find something to do.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Finished my Federal Income Tax return about an hour ago. I will review it with a fresh head and get it mailed in. I do them the old fashioned way on paper and mail them.

Tomorrow, the State Return.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finished my Federal Income Tax return about an hour ago. I will review it with a fresh head and get it mailed in. I do them the old fashioned way on paper and mail them.

Tomorrow, the State Return.

I do then the old fashion way as well. The wife figger's 'em and I just blindly sign it. And always on April 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.