• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid West Sno(w) cat Clowder 2018 Feb 1-4

Patroller

A few people inquired about purchasing radios similar to what we used on the trail ride. These are inexpensive but very good UHF 4 watt 16 channel radios. The current cost is $12 inc shipping on eBay shipped from New Jersey. Those I have purchased in the past have identical programming. We used Ch 3, 462.325 MHz. I was still picking up the chatter 6 miles away.
Since much of the remote areas have no cell phone coverage so this is an excellent way to stay in contact with your traveling partners.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baofeng-Po...b2217ee27:g:tC0AAOSwYc5aRagN&autorefresh=true

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
A few people inquired about purchasing radios similar to what we used on the trail ride. These are inexpensive but very good UHF 4 watt 16 channel radios. The current cost is $12 inc shipping on eBay shipped from New Jersey. Those I have purchased in the past have identical programming. We used Ch 3, 462.325 MHz. I was still picking up the chatter 6 miles away.
Since much of the remote areas have no cell phone coverage so this is an excellent way to stay in contact with your traveling partners.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baofeng-Po...b2217ee27:g:tC0AAOSwYc5aRagN&autorefresh=true
Perfect Patroller. I was looking for the frequency. I will program our radios with the "Clowder" channel. Thanks again for loaning us your radio that day. It worked excellent.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Folks, I love radios. In fact, it has been the source of income most of my life.

So, I have maybe a little bit too much knowledge about some aspects not to share.

I've started a new thread about radios, please check there.

CT

Manistee

Really enjoying the pics and stories, maybe one of these years I will not have other obligations and be able to attend the Clowder. Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences.

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Patroller! I Order My radio so I'm ready for next year!

funtracks

I have to also thank everyone that helped organize the clowder AND everyone that participated too! As a first timer to a snowcat event, the Midwest Clowder exceeded every expectation! The location was excellent, it provided some much needed entertainment for the wife and kids who can only take so much snowcat talk (I know, I don't understand it either). The group was so welcoming and all the snowcat owners were eager to give rides. The whole family is on board with attending next year with our Tucker. In fact, I was so inspired by all the running snowcat I managed to come home and finish painting 2 of my pontoons. First fresh new orange for my restoration!
aa6dd52c4e713c1b837c36db0367a5cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
save some WORK for the summer clowder, after all the summer event is a workshop event......

very glad you could and did make it out.

corby

Thanks for the vidios and pics guys, I really wanted to make it this year but I got the flew bug instead.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy hell, you found your password!,
you lost a trailer, but you found a password!!!!

Get a plan together for next year.

corby

Ya somehow I got back onto this site, was a nightmare but I am back on. Your son brought my trailer back today, I was not here I was working. Next year for sure I will climb the ski hill at powerhorn!!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like great weather for some drone flying for sure! Thanks for sharing

I had some white stuff while out flying the other day also, went IFR for awhile :thumbup:

Attachments

• B7F0E348-1E35-4B3B-A851-BDB9F6FC2BFC.jpg
    B7F0E348-1E35-4B3B-A851-BDB9F6FC2BFC.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 318

Patroller

looks like great weather for some drone flying for sure! Thanks for sharing

Not so much actually. At -3 deg the camera tilt was hanging up, the sticks weren't responding correctly and the battery voltage dropped rapidly. I fly without gloves so I can feel the controls and my fingers froze in just a few minutes. But the sun was out and it was a beautiful morning.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not so much actually. At -3 deg the camera tilt was hanging up, the sticks weren't responding correctly and the battery voltage dropped rapidly. I fly without gloves so I can feel the controls and my fingers froze in just a few minutes. But the sun was out and it was a beautiful morning.

What model bird you flying? I run with DJI Mavic pro, Phantom3 P and a S1000
2 are moded with three 3600 proteks

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
What model bird you flying? I run with DJI Mavic pro, Phantom3 P and a S1000

2 are moded with three 3600 proteks

Nice, I run a PV2+, a P3pro and a Osmo+!

How do you like your Mavic Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patroller

I migrated away from DJI. I don't like having a Chinese company in a position to dictate when, where and how I fly. I moved to Yuneec. No apps, no phone, no foreign control, keeps flying if a prop breaks, parts and batteries available and cheap.

I just picked up a Parrot Disco for some fun FPV flights and longer range exploring when the weather gets back into the 20's, 30's.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I migrated away from DJI. I don't like having a Chinese company in a position to dictate when, where and how I fly. I moved to Yuneec. No apps, no phone, no foreign control, keeps flying if a prop breaks, parts and batteries available and cheap.

I just picked up a Parrot Disco for some fun FPV flights and longer range exploring when the weather gets back into the 20's, 30's.

Yes, we have invented ways around there control, longest amped flight over 10miles one way, some are getting as much as 17-18 miles one way on the P3P
The Mavic has a limit of 58,900 ft. And then the RC disconnects takes 3 extra batteries for those distances. Of course

They have really changed there software and it requires parameter mods now.

Patroller

Just saw a request to keep an eye out for a stolen Tucker. 3/11/2018

"Our 1982 Tucker Snow Cat was stolen from the Turntable restaurant in Minturn CO. sometime last night. It was on a trailer please keep an eye out for it. Reward endless powder days for any information leading to its return. Please contact me if you have any information. Please Share."

https://www.facebook.com/steve.kalapos/posts/10210441202697394

Attachments

• 1982 Stolen Tucker.jpg
    1982 Stolen Tucker.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 209