• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1968 Tucker 442 New to Me

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy birthday! Question, are you working Monday? NH has school, work & everything else, but working in mass I've got it off. Was wondering about buying the grill from you, drinking some beer and possibly taking a Tucker ride after this next big blow? (Pending I can get my stuff sorted on this end . . .)

David

Mr. T. Addict, Birthday, new kid, tons of snow; some people have all the luck. Put another steak on the grill, We are coming out to play in the snow.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One more way to justify the versatile Tucker. To the wife as well! Going to be parking in the living room soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 450

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing like the old tucker ladder. Under the Tucker is a bulkhead. Up above are three solar hot water panels . Have it in reverse but I think that it will just igloo . Was making 37 degree water earlier !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 445

The Sweet Wbj1

If you could see how bad people freak out down here when we get two inches of snow you would laugh your ass off!! Heck there was a CHANCE of snow yesterday and they cancelled schools!!!

Did I mention I'm looking for a snow cat!! hahaha

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks to the great advice on here I got the hydraulics on the drag hooked back up. Dump trailer pump wireless remote battery done and can pulled by any cat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 396

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gave Tucker a 100 mile tune up yesterday. Greased back pontoons, all grease fittings, oil change. Few issues I have to deal with eventually.

1. The machine bushing I used on the front turn table pivot to make up some of the wear already wore out and came out. Still good clearance but will need to be dealt with in life as well as making up some of the front roller wear.
2. Transfer case leaking through the mount bolts. I put up another thread for feedback.
3. Rear turn table is on the summer project. Tight but the table looks like it is worn pretty good. Hoping tuckerville has some insight into what looks to be a common wear repair.
4. My temp gauge sender only reads correct with the motor off. As soon as I start the motor it reads about 20 degrees lower than actual. Cannot figure it out and neither can speedhut. It has to be something with the ignition system and interference.
5. Hydraulic tank return lines are splashing the lid and vent when the rpm increases past 2000. Don't know if I can block off the lines at the pump and they will auto bypass? Other than that if I leave it this way I need a one way breather which I don't think exists.

All in all very pleased.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In reference to your Conway house, we were up at a friends ski house in Bridgeton this weekend. I see that your roof is shingled, but I have never seen so much snow still stuck on tin roofs as up in that area this weekend. 2-3 feet still locked on 40 degree pitched tin roofs! We had to go up and 'break' the snow off our friends garage (tin) because the doors were getting tight and the snow wasn't coming off.

When it finally does break off the main house, it's going to dent the shit out of the garage tin that was just installed last summer.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You said: " I start the motor it reads about 20 degrees lower than actual. Cannot figure it out "

Non-running voltage is 12.2-12.3V
Running is most likely 13.4- 13.47V

Gauges that read different are usually due to this.
$.02

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It has to be sensor interference. I have the ohm chart from the manufacturer. With no wires hooked up to the installed sensor motor off I check the temp of sensor are infrared sensor and then compare it to the ohm reading on the sensor. It is spot on. Fire up the motor the ohms slowly drop then stay causing the lower reading. Turn the ignition off the ohms slowly rise back up to correct reading. What else is interesting is it fluctuates correctly with the thermostat opening closing but the reading is offset. Even just got a new sensor with no change. Moved grounds added grounds no change.

ODD!

dep6113

In the 80's I work at a dealership when the new HEI units started hitting the cars. On one car I got odd readings on the gauges and could not figure it out. I called the tech line and I had to put a grounded shield around the coil to prevent other circuit from getting EMI ( electromagnetic interference). critical wires are now shielded and grounded to prevent induction of the signal. Might apply here, good luck Dave

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was probably looking over at you taking this pic. We were skiing Cranmore Saturday. Fantastic day.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. Right around noon I was looking at the at you. Bet the conditions were excellent. That is were my family spends most of the time skiing. Great family mountain. Can't beat the season pass deal. Will be there next two Saturdays.

House is on the Saco River near Saco Bound headed toward Fryeburg. If you stayed in Bridgeton you drive right by.

Next few Sundays hoping to play out back. You need to come by for a tour!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We did Shawnee the first weekend of vaca and Cranmore this weekend. It was just an awesome day. Usually the centers of the trails have been shaved to ice from beginners getting in over their heads, but there was still loose granular coming down Middle & Koessler late in the day, which almost never happens.

And it was nice to get a sunny, warm (funny how 25 is now warm) day at the top to enjoy a Tuckerman's . . .

We'll see what we can coordinate for a tour / cruise

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boys rigged up a hitch for us today. Evinrude sleigh mate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 408

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The melt is on in the East! Tucker will soon be headed back to the barn for its rear pontoon and rear turntable work.

Hopefully that means snow out west asap.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kind of bittersweet. Lost 6" in the back yard yesterday. At least it's sun melting it down and not rain.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Before you get rid of your powder maker, I'm thinking the next few days would be a great testing ground for that thing. See what it does on this soft snow that has frozen up again.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was thinking the same thing. Hoping after weekend to get a few more grooming trips in at night next week. Big dent in the snow pack. Kids still want a little more time and so do I!

Will keep the powder maker just want it to be used or enjoyed somehow. Working on a corduroy attachment for the new drag I got this year. Should be simple.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tuckermans ravine still winter up on Washington

View from wildcat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 332

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Winding down. Snow is very wet lots of water underneath and lots or bare up high. May be last pic on snow for this year. Sad:(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 314

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crazy how fast it's going away, but you certainly can't say you didn't put her thru her paces this year.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing I found out is that yellow is factory paint job. Those doors bother me as well. The paint is so far off now will need to do the whole thing again.

Maybe I will bring it to Tuckerville carry on and leave it for the summer.