• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

When do long distance rates apply?

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I keep getting calls from the same out of state phone number. When I answer no one says anything they just hang up.
I am thinking of doing something childish and vindictive. That is calling that number letting it ring then hanging up before anyone answers.
My question will I be billed for a long distance call if I hang up before the call is answered?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it's just ringing, no, you don't get charged.

Your best bet is to do an internet search on the number that's calling you. Most likely a spammer.

Long distance charges? Who has those anymore?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep getting calls from the same out of state phone number. When I answer no one says anything they just hang up.
I am thinking of doing something childish and vindictive. That is calling that number letting it ring then hanging up before anyone answers.
My question will I be billed for a long distance call if I hang up before the call is answered?

No, but you won't be getting through their line either. You'll get a busy signal.