• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Broken Grouser's Tucker

Hello Everybody! It's been a very long time since I logged onto the forum. My winter has been crazy with work and projects.

Here's a few shots of my 1963 Tucker 443A that I worked on all summer long. She's running quite good at this point (knock on wood). I puchased the cat from a couple in Casper WY this summer. The cat is actually two cats combind into one. The tracks are - grousers, sprockets,etc.- are from a '61 443A used as a parts donor. The body and drivetrain were in very good condition. I added an alternator system versus the old generator to the engine. Other improvements I made are a new paint job, lights, roof rack, seats reupholtsery.

The largest amount of time was spent of the tracks. I purchased 100 track rollers from a machinest in New York and went through every grouser - very long process! I recently replaced the door Lexan and have the materials on hand for the back windows.

I run the cat on the Vail and Shrine Pass area of Central Colorado out of my home in Red Cliff.

I'll try to post some restoration pics as time allows. A couple of folks who were of great help with the restoration are Bill Guthrie at SnowTrans, Billy Tuttle at Plasma Technologies, Steve Buer at Track Inc, and the guys at the Vail Mountain Fleet Maintenance Shop.

If anybody happens to be in the Vail area please feel free to to stop by the house in Red Cliff to check the Tucker out - you can't miss the cat, it's parked in front of the house on Water Street.

Mark - Broken Grouser

Attachments

• Feb 09 - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09 - Forum Sized.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Feb 09a - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09a - Forum Sized.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Feb 09b - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09b - Forum Sized.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Here's a few more pics..........

Attachments

• Feb 09d - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09d - Forum Sized.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Feb 09c - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09c - Forum Sized.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Feb 09e - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09e - Forum Sized.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 342
  • Feb 09g - Forum Sized.jpg
    Feb 09g - Forum Sized.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 348

mattfidaho

I use to hang out in some of that area. and the 4th of july part in golden was the best!
along with hitting idaho springs for a nice soak.
red cliff area had some cool 4x4 trails :)

Thanks for the comments Matt - Here's some pics of the interior, also with my copilots.

Attachments

• Interior Shots 001.jpg
    Interior Shots 001.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Interior Shots 002.jpg
    Interior Shots 002.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Interior Shots 003.jpg
    Interior Shots 003.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 332

Yasman

Nice job and love the pics. Have many good memories running Tuckers as I ran a 72 and a 84 for a few years grooming snowmobile trails. I can appriciate the hours that must have gone into yours to get it into that condition. Again love the pics maybe someday I will convince the wife to let me buy one.

snowbird

The smiles on all your faces (including your canine copilot) tell it all. Looks like you're all having fun. Great pictures! Thanks.

cabinboy

That is one good looking snocat !!!! You did a very good job of restoring that that cat. Thanks for letting us see the pictures of it, and more pictures would be welcome also.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rode into Redcliff for tacos at Mango's last Thursday. This machine looks every bit as good in person as it does in the pictures. Nice job! Do you groom for Vail, Mark?