• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 300 Series sno cats

ALLEN PARSONS

I am looking for info or photos on the 300 series two track steering.
I know that there are not many of these cats out there. I think that Bill at snotrans has one. I do believe it is a mid engine 322. Bill if you do, would you mind posting some photos of her I would like to see how the original steering system was set up.
There was one more that I know of and it had a VW engine in it. Does any one know if that cat is still around. and could they post some photos of its steering.
When I first got my 323 It had only 325 snow miles on it. and the steering was out of this world. From the looks of it someone had tried to either fix it or modify it. I do not know. You needed 3 arms 4 legs and a copilot to steer this thing. O did I forget to say a 40 acre open feild to turn in. It looked like someone had used a BIG hammer, cutting torch, and a 110 stick welder on a 300 foot 18 gauge extension cord to modify it.
After I found out they butt welded the right axle and welded the spiers together. I had no choice but to throw it all out and start again.
I built a new rearend With a simple disc brake system for each track. It now will turn on a dime. You can turn a 360 Deg turn right around a tree if you want. With very light pressure on the levers. I did have it set up so you can steer with your feet also. But I found that with both hands free you could now hold two beer And after two many two beers I found that the cat would go left when you should be going right. :pat: So I cut the foot pedals off Now I can only hold one beer.
See photos in gallery on the steering.
I would realy like to know How the stock steering was set up. If any one could help.
In talking with Tucker. They could only say that they nick named this old cat O mully. When I first got It I soon found out why. It is slow and went I what ever direcion it wanted to go in. :pat:
The cat works just fine in west coast snow.and very narrow logging roads.I have had it in places where you could not take a larger four track unit or a larger and wider two track cat.

Attachments

• DSC01312.jpg
    DSC01312.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01407.jpg
    DSC01407.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 244